Formula 1...

'Dale

3 hours ago, MrJacques said:

Schumacher documentary is out on Netflix :)

One would probably need a documentary triple the length of this one to cover all his highlights, but I think this was a really cool documentary about the GOAT. Imagine that feeling after crossing the line in Suzuka, given the state in which he joined Ferrari a few years back. 

To see the clips with his family and hear how he is spoken about from former colleagues with regards to his soft side was really awesome. Fierce racer on the track and amazing son/husband/father off it...MSC is the one that tops the list of legends.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, MrJacques said:

Schumacher documentary is out on Netflix :)

Just watched. Well worth a watch. All the race footage I watched back in the day. Amazing how the mind remembers things. Was a big F1 fan in that era. 

great fliek 

The Schumacher documentary was really good and I enjoyed it very much. The majority of it covers the start of his career up to when he wins his first WC with Ferrari. Then a little about his his retirement and accident. They should make a sequel about the rest of his WC wins, his retirement and his comeback. Those were great years to watch Formula 1. I Know everybody is entitled to their own opinion. I Respect that and never get involved in fights and arguments on that subject. For me Shumi is still the GOAT.   

13 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

Just watched. Well worth a watch. All the race footage I watched back in the day. Amazing how the mind remembers things. Was a big F1 fan in that era. 

great fliek 

It must suck to be Hamilton, knowing that despite all your world-titles, you will never attain the lofty heights that Schumi has in his illustrious career. I was also a big F1 fan in the days of Schumi and when Lewis started I was still keen, but his arrogant manner just put me off for probably the last 12 or so years.

The current crop of riders is making it more enjoyable, and if I am honest, it's mostly due to Drive to Survive on Netflix. I watched the entire season and caught up quickly with what's happening.

I still stand for Ferrari as my team I support, but I enjoy individuals like Ricciardo, Noris, Verstappen, Botas, Alonso, Raikonnen and maybe Russel (primarily because I think he's the spark that will ignite the bomb under Hamilton's arrogance - I don't see Russel backing off from Hamilton, and I also don't see Toto caring too much either. I suspect he's playing the long game with Russell, knowing that Lewis is at the end of his stint)

But for some stupidity and fate Schumie could have won more championships. I have always believed that but what he did at Ferrari was masterclass. Something the record books will never show. Something that Lewis has yet to do. For that reason i agree , in my books Shumie is certainly the GOAT in "my" era. I have been watching F1 since late 70's. Although my interest did wane a bit its coming back.

I was a huge Ferrari fan but being a turncoat and living 5 miles from Mclaren has kind of made me a closet Mclaren fan. Have the cap etc. 

I started putting woo to my lovely wife in the year 2000. She supported mclaren cos a friend of hers was a mechanic in coulthards team. anyway , some of the footage shown we remembered exactly what we were doing during that race. WE use to have a gathering every F1 sunday with another couple and eat foods of the region where the F1 was being held. My wife was a schumie detractor but after watching the doccie she has new found respect for the man. 

He had his failures, none more so than on the track as we all do. But generally a good guy. damn fine looking kids i reckon

On 9/16/2021 at 1:27 PM, aiyaaz said:

One would probably need a documentary triple the length of this one to cover all his highlights, but I think this was a really cool documentary about the GOAT. Imagine that feeling after crossing the line in Suzuka, given the state in which he joined Ferrari a few years back. 

To see the clips with his family and hear how he is spoken about from former colleagues with regards to his soft side was really awesome. Fierce racer on the track and amazing son/husband/father off it...MSC is the one that tops the list of legends.

really top bloke who stills gets maligned by the British press and commentators. Hills bitterness is never ending and Coulthard will probably take the admission of lifting off in the rain at Spa the grave.  He was an absolute gentleman to anyone and everyone in the team and he made an effort to an effort to ensure the newbies felt comfortable. Not even Barrichello worked that way

11 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

It must suck to be Hamilton, knowing that despite all your world-titles, you will never attain the lofty heights that Schumi has in his illustrious career. I was also a big F1 fan in the days of Schumi and when Lewis started I was still keen, but his arrogant manner just put me off for probably the last 12 or so years.

The current crop of riders is making it more enjoyable, and if I am honest, it's mostly due to Drive to Survive on Netflix. I watched the entire season and caught up quickly with what's happening.

I still stand for Ferrari as my team I support, but I enjoy individuals like Ricciardo, Noris, Verstappen, Botas, Alonso, Raikonnen and maybe Russel (primarily because I think he's the spark that will ignite the bomb under Hamilton's arrogance - I don't see Russel backing off from Hamilton, and I also don't see Toto caring too much either. I suspect he's playing the long game with Russell, knowing that Lewis is at the end of his stint)

the ugliest aspect of Hamilton's career is his cry baby politics. He's always the victim,....and he's never won a DC in anything other than the very best car.

Schumi made the car. I asked Rory Byrne about his days at Benetton.... the man could not stop gushing. The input he gave the race engineers made Rory's job easy. The downside was he didn't get to explore half the ideas he had because the guy in the other car would want want Schumi had even if it didn't work for him

On 9/13/2021 at 8:42 AM, Robbie Stewart said:

I see Hamilton's new sponsorship deal with Lil-Lets is already starting to bear fruit seeing as how he managed to tantrum his way to Max getting that 3-place grid penalty. That and his whining about getting decapitated by Max's wheel and having a stiff neck because of it, which is strange since I never actually say him lose his head at any stage, neither did I see the offending wheel actually even touch him. I'm also surprised that none of the commentators noticed that Lewis lost his head whilst commenting on how much value the HALO device has in crashes like this in keeping the driver safe...

https://youtu.be/7bQMNENKZY4

Can you imagine this current lot racing back in 1985.  Good think it wasn't Lewis racing the Ligier - he would be complaining about a lot more than a stiff neck - I mean the mud on his overalls would be a disaster ????

On 9/18/2021 at 9:11 AM, Andymann said:

https://youtu.be/7bQMNENKZY4

Can you imagine this current lot racing back in 1985.  Good think it wasn't Lewis racing the Ligier - he would be complaining about a lot more than a stiff neck - I mean the mud on his overalls would be a disaster ????

Some say that Lewis watches this clip each night and cries himself to sleep while reminiscing about all the what-ifs and could-have-been's provided he was a real man.

I watched the Netflix Docci. I was always a Schumi fan. He was always special. Especially at Spa.

I can't with LH. Such an unaware twatmuscle. Pontificating about being a vegan whilst doing probably the most environmentally unfriendly profession on the planet. What a jerk.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

2 hours ago, Duane_Bosch said:

I watched the Netflix Docci. I was always a Schumi fan. He was always special. Especially at Spa.

I can't with LH. Such an unaware twatmuscle. Pontificating about being a vegan whilst doing probably the most environmentally unfriendly profession on the planet. What a jerk.

And then the supreme hypocrite would fly across the Atlantic in his private jet for a one day date.  He reportedly did that again for one night for the Met Gala in NY a few days ago.

568888497_hypocrisygif.gif.3c6d8f728163fa3f364b42c949974fda.gif

Edited by justinafrika

1 hour ago, justinafrika said:

And then the supreme hypocrite would fly across the Atlantic in his private jet for a one day date.  He reportedly did that again for one night for the Met Gala in NY a few days ago.

Yes but I bet he only ate the vegan options. You know... Saving the planet one mouthful at a time. #Namaste

Edited by Duane_Bosch

33 to start from back of grid.

Look , i understand the rationale for budgets and all those things but to artificially control races in this manner is no good and detracts from the spectacle. Why punish the driver for a team issue. Maybe punish the team by deducting points from constructors or something.