Formula 1...

'Dale

8 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

Agree RBR were meh. Only possible up is they start on the left of the track. Maybe an advantage. 

With the way LH came through the field in 24 Laps, I can see Max sharing the podium with both Merc's. Anyone's guess what order, but Bottas will be well rewarded if he defends a move at turn 1 very aggressively. Even if it means contact with Max. 

Max will be weary to keep his nose clean. If it isn't clear, pull out to contest again later. 

1.BOT 2.VER 3.HAM feels likely 

Alternatively 

1. VER 2.HAM 3.BOT (Team orders) 

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, IceCreamMan said:

44 was sublime. 

so much faster than anyone else including bottas. Think he will be champ again. 

Nooooooooo

31 minutes ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

So its a 50k euro fine for touching a wing, but only a 5K euro fine for operating a moving vehicle without the safety belt on which is an actual safety matter. Seems like it makes perfect sense.........

The list could be as long as you would like it to be... in other words; there will never be “perfect sense”

If LH44 wins the next two races and MV33 comes second they will go into Abu Dhabi tie on points. That is if the fastest lap point goings elsewhere. Unfortunately LH44 is the most successful driver at Abu Dhabi ever with 5 wins out of the 12 events held. 

59 minutes ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

So its a 50k euro fine for touching a wing, but only a 5K euro fine for operating a moving vehicle without the safety belt on which is an actual safety matter. Seems like it makes perfect sense.........

Agreed that it's a pretty big fine. I think they wanted to make an example of it and discourage any other drivers for doing the same again.

2 minutes ago, ScottC-M said:

If LH44 wins the next two races and MV33 comes second they will go into Abu Dhabi tie on points. That is if the fastest lap point goings elsewhere. Unfortunately LH44 is the most successful driver at Abu Dhabi ever with 5 wins out of the 12 events held. 

Apparently the last three races are all high-speed tracks, ie. it favours a car with more top-end speed... Merc

If that engine in Car 44 keeps its form, well, Max can do what he wants but will be left in the dust.

Well done to the MERC Engineers with whatever they did to that engine, but it will be disheartening to see Max lose this championship due to him being a sitting duck on the straights in the final 4 races.

But if history has taught us anything in this season, nothing is assured. RB can come with their own tricks and surprise us all somewhere in the final races. Fingers crossed

This is my first season supporting LH44... Maybe it’s coz I don’t like the attitude of his title rival...

I was saying a few races ago (before Mexico), that I would back LH44 over MV33 to fight for the championship till the end of season, and he has the advantage of having been here before, whereas the Great Pretender is facing this pressure for the first time.... Looking forward to to how this unfolds...

Remember merc turned up their engine this weekend , Honda can do the same form r the rest of the year.

Merc have also publily said they're pushing the engines to the max and Honda have said they suspect the same from merc.

Max can wring his engine this weekend and take a new one in Qatar and also just have a 5 place penalty and wring that one for the last two races 

I severely hope they show merc some real speed in the coming races.

.... remember france , that Honda has some serious kick 

9 hours ago, MrJacques said:

Agreed that it's a pretty big fine. I think they wanted to make an example of it and discourage any other drivers for doing the same again.

I think what he was saying is LH got a small fine for driving the victory lap without his seat belt on which is actually a safety hazard, whereas MV got fined more than I will earn in many years for simply touching another car. Here in RSA you also get fined for no seat belt but nothing for touching another car. Lighties will see their idol LH showboating like a tool without his seat belt on and want to do the same..........