Formula 1...

'Dale

9 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

Here’s hoping 33 wins in style. Lil surprised he on pole, maybe red bull been playing a masterful media game the last few weeks.

to be honest I was dreading its over when I saw the vid of the merc squating down at high speed 

Ball is in redbull's court with the drivers surounding Lewis and bottas being back at the start 

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good race, the red bull appeared to have better pace , although perez did not really feature at all. he was way back at the end. 

I think this might have been the best I've seen Max drive. He had to pull out a very mature, measured performance to pull that strategy off. Even Horner said afterwards to Sky that he wasn't sure Max could make it, but what a drive. Then Lewis also gave it everything and did everything he needed to. Great at T1 and only mistake was the T11 squiggle near the end, but even if he didn't slide a bit, Max would still have had it, perhaps with only a 7 tenths lead, instead of 1.something.

Then the Danny VS Carlos battle was great too! Then Kimi VS Alonso too! In all, a nice strategy battle up front, with two drivers delivering what they needed to.

I think Max won the WDC yesterday and it almost looks like Lewis knows it, given his facial expressions and body language after the race...

• 2 weeks later...

Cracking race , that move at the start sealed it for Max cause clearly you need a massive pace differential to overtake at Mexico 

Would've preferred if Sergio could take 2nd but entertaining to see him trying to chase dpwn Hamilton

Now just a single point seperating Redbull and Merc in the constructors

Read a quote from Ham stating that if Checo is racing him then it proves that the Red Bull was a faster car. If this is true (Can't believe most things nowadays) then IMHO that's poor form from him. 

Max put Saturdays failure behind him and absorbed the media pressure and showed that he is clearly ready to be WC! 

8 hours ago, BaGearA said:

Cracking race , that move at the start sealed it for Max cause clearly you need a massive pace differential to overtake at Mexico 

Would've preferred if Sergio could take 2nd but entertaining to see him trying to chase dpwn Hamilton

Now just a single point seperating Redbull and Merc in the constructors

Still think that the Merc move with fastest lap is not in the spirit of the sport. 

cancelling my Maybach order 

1 hour ago, IceCreamMan said:

Still think that the Merc move with fastest lap is not in the spirit of the sport. 

cancelling my Maybach order 

I expected it , just pike i would expect redbull to to switch the drivers if perez was leading and max second

3 hours ago, ScottC-M said:

Read a quote from Ham stating that if Checo is racing him then it proves that the Red Bull was a faster car. If this is true (Can't believe most things nowadays) then IMHO that's poor form from him. 

Max put Saturdays failure behind him and absorbed the media pressure and showed that he is clearly ready to be WC! 

He did say it. DC was interviewing him first post race and asked him about the pressure Checo was applying. His response was that he's used to pressure and never felt challenged, and that if Perez was racing him that only meant the car was fast.

And then people still wonder how anyone can think he's an arrogant twit.

Poor form from Lewis. But that's to be expected since he's an entitled brat.

That aside. Stonking race from Max and Sergio. I really loved watching this race, it was full of action. Not only at the front, but there were races within the race. Bottas vs Riciardo, Alonso vs Vettel vs Raikkonen vs Giovinazzi and Norris getting in the mix as well.

57 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

I expected it , just pike i would expect redbull to to switch the drivers if perez was leading and max second

That driver switch I think is solid tactics. What merc did I think is cynical. It’s more of a F you move in my books.

maybe FIA should award a point to the fastest lap of the top 10 only. 

9 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

That driver switch I think is solid tactics. What merc did I think is cynical. It’s more of a F you move in my books.

they do , Bottas just took it off Max 

He doesn't get the point cause he didn't finish in the top 10 

1 hour ago, IceCreamMan said:

I don't like it either, but can't blame teams for limiting losses in whatever way they want. In this case, Merc took Bottas from P13 to take the fastest lap and reduce the lead RBR would take away, by 1 point. 

Remember RBR did the same at Silverstone, but then Perez was pulled from P10, to take the fastest lap away from HAM.

All that silly-ness aside, RBR will win this WCC by just being better, because Sergio is now in the game, so it is going to be sweet to see Merc crying at the end of the year without any titles for the 1st and only time in this lopsided era.

The WDC is basically in the bag. Max will cruise to it from here...he just does not know how to make mistakes anymore. 

1 hour ago, Robbie Stewart said:

He did say it. DC was interviewing him first post race and asked him about the pressure Checo was applying. His response was that he's used to pressure and never felt challenged, and that if Perez was racing him that only meant the car was fast.

And then people still wonder how anyone can think he's an arrogant twit.

Poor form from Lewis. But that's to be expected since he's an entitled brat.

That aside. Stonking race from Max and Sergio. I really loved watching this race, it was full of action. Not only at the front, but there were races within the race. Bottas vs Riciardo, Alonso vs Vettel vs Raikkonen vs Giovinazzi and Norris getting in the mix as well.

To say that in front of all the Mexican fans out there was such a p%^ thing to do, honestly. Sergio was on the pace all weekend and in his 2nd stint had the best avg lap time until Bottas boxed for new rubber. To not give Sergio credit for just upping his game is just such poor form.

56 minutes ago, aiyaaz said:

I don't like it either, but can't blame teams for limiting losses in whatever way they want. In this case, Merc took Bottas from P13 to take the fastest lap and reduce the lead RBR would take away, by 1 point. 

Remember RBR did the same at Silverstone, but then Perez was pulled from P10, to take the fastest lap away from HAM.

All that silly-ness aside, RBR will win this WCC by just being better, because Sergio is now in the game, so it is going to be sweet to see Merc crying at the end of the year without any titles for the 1st and only time in this lopsided era.

The WDC is basically in the bag. Max will cruise to it from here...he just does not know how to make mistakes anymore. 

I was at silverstone so did not realise that had happened.

cancelling my Honda EV too now. 

it’s a *** tactic. 

edit: not sure I agree with your optimism, I think there may still be a sting or 2 more this season. 

Edited by IceCreamMan