Formula 1...

'Dale

39 minutes ago, MrJacques said:

Alfa Romeo confirms Zhou as first Chinese F1 driver: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K72nrDzqT3U

Clever marketing move….China is potentially a huge market for auto makers and most probably have manufacturing facilities there of some kind. Furthermore a master stroke for FIA , maybe a fortuitous one , to grow the sport.

and of course, he will bring cash…and a lot of it. I think the Chinese marketers are going to milk this back in China.

edit: comments on YT are brutal in some cases….loads are hilarious too. (Eg  finally some competition for mazepan ????

Edited by IceCreamMan

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like this week is the busiest week for the Race Director....

Merc and RBR playing “show me yours, I’ll show you mine”.

1 hour ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Video unavailable....
they have already blocked the content, fast like that.

I have seen it along with an article. Will try and find the link. However the journalist points on the on board camera how little max turns his wheel to try and make the corner. Then from an outside angle he shows that max actually cutting across lewis in no attempt to make the corner.

1 minute ago, Eddy Gordo said:

I have seen it along with an article. Will try and find the link. However the journalist points on the on board camera how little max turns his wheel to try and make the corner. Then from an outside angle he shows that max actually cutting across lewis in no attempt to make the corner.

Is this now all linked to the latest attempt by Merc to get Max penalized for the racing incident?

44 minutes ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Is this now all linked to the latest attempt by Merc to get Max penalized for the racing incident?

Could be.

Just now, Eddy Gordo said:

Could be.

It is yes, racing incident IMO. Strong defending, no harm, no foul........
But I do think they will need to scrutinize the telemetry/data, to make a ruling if they entertain the request.

Firstly, I'm a Seb Vettel and Max Verstappen fan.

There have been a few instances of drivers pushing an opponent wide and then receiving a reprimand for it. The Red Bull Ring comes to mind. It was a midfield battle, can't remember exactly who was involved, but there was some rule that if the person was clsoe enough to side-by-side you needed to leave space on the track for them.

I think what saved Max was they fact that he too left the track. If he had stayed on track while pushing Lewis off it would have been a done deal in giving him a reprimand. But even with things as they were, I was very surprised Max didn't get sanctioned. 

It will suck if he gets a sanction now, but his lead is at risk regardless. They need to bring something special in these final 3 races to hold of the Austrian and the Brit.

PS. Perez being the ultimate teammate and aggressively holding position against Lewis will be epic to see. He has nothing to lose, so can risk his car, whereas Lewis needs to finish the races at all costs. Hopefully RB can manufacture such a position on-track...

I know a lot of people say the final three races are high speed circuits. while i agree with this statement for Abu Dhabi and Saudi, I think RB will have the advantage at Qatar this wkn. The majority of the track looks like sector 2 in Sau Paulo which suited the RB. If that is the case and MV33tops LH44 then he will lead by 22 points, bar the fastest lap point. That would effectively mean MV33 only needs to finish 2nd behind LH44 in the Merc favored tracks to still win the WDC.

3 hours ago, ScottC-M said:

I know a lot of people say the final three races are high speed circuits. while i agree with this statement for Abu Dhabi and Saudi, I think RB will have the advantage at Qatar this wkn. The majority of the track looks like sector 2 in Sau Paulo which suited the RB. If that is the case and MV33tops LH44 then he will lead by 22 points, bar the fastest lap point. That would effectively mean MV33 only needs to finish 2nd behind LH44 in the Merc favored tracks to still win the WDC.

I think the fastest lap point is only going to perez or bottas for the rest pf the year. To much at stake for the main driver 

15 hours ago, BaGearA said:

I think the fastest lap point is only going to perez or bottas for the rest pf the year. To much at stake for the main driver 

Not so sure about that. If Lewis and Max are both going full "party mode" till the end then they could be in the running.
I agree with you though, they will the wingmen to simply steal it from the other.....

Problem is that LH44 went purple in sector 2 before backing off. Think Merc have more pace than they showed in FP1. Hope I am completely wrong though.