Formula 1...

'Dale

On 3/1/2022 at 1:08 PM, Vetplant said:

And in other news, "purpoising" is the new buzzword.

Methinks Snoop should get involved with the theme song for this season.. or at least until race 5 or 6 on the calendar. Cars look like real low-riders, bouncing to a beat....

"Teams were aware it might happen, but none expected it to be as extreme or regular as it has been.

However, most technical directors believe it can be fixed with updates, albeit ones that were not part of the original development plans. McLaren's James Key suspects it will be less of a talking point by race five or six once teams have had time to solve the issue."

https://www.espn.com.au/f1/story/_/id/33375038/porpoising-f1-new-buzzword-does-mean

Bounce Low GIF - Bounce Low Rider GIFs

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, BaGearA said:

Gio coming back to Replace Nikita 

Kicking him out of his seat is BS imo 

Haas ditched Uralkali, getting rid of all connections to Mazepin's dad who is obviously a known oligarch, so I guess it was always kind of inevitable? There was a press release earlier saying that if Mazepin jnr signed an agreeement to distance himself from the goings on in Ukraine, that the FIA would allow him to race. But it is my understanding that Gene Haas has decided that a clean break is needed. Sleepy Joe said sanctions, so Gene is just following orders.

A similar thing happened between 1965/6 and 1991/2...

https://www.news24.com/wheels/formulaone/formula-one-team-haas-cut-ties-with-russian-driver-mazepin-and-sponsor-20220305

https://www.news24.com/wheels/formulaone/nikita-mazepin-must-agree-not-to-show-support-for-russian-invasion-to-stay-in-f1-says-fia-20220305

Edited by gemmerbal

On 3/6/2022 at 8:26 PM, Long Wheel Base said:

Possibly a scape goat? Sounds like the team have wanted him out almost since he joined and maybe just took the opportunity. Thing is, they took him in for Daddy's money, now that's gone......... 

Just like many companies did after the initial Covid lockdown. Get rid of the deadwood.

Let the 2022 F1 Season (almost) begin...

And we have Judge Christine Moaner taking an eye over and commentary on the first (or is it only...) opposition car’s design philosophy... Its gonna be a long season!

3 hours ago, RoddieJ said:

Let the 2022 F1 Season (almost) begin...

And we have Judge Christine Moaner taking an eye over and commentary on the first (or is it only...) opposition car’s design philosophy... Its gonna be a long season!

Well Toto has been biiitching about Ferrari, nothing new.......

2 minutes ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Well Toto has been biiitching about Ferrari, nothing new.......

At least it’s a different team from last season, lol

6 minutes ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

That is true yes.

Meanwhile other things don't change:
801165015_WhatsAppImage2022-03-10at12_04_40PM.jpeg.9d752d31633e3045067ded38a99c4dbd.jpeg

Unlike Sir LH44 to miss a photo opportunity....... 

40 minutes ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

That is true yes.

Meanwhile other things don't change:
801165015_WhatsAppImage2022-03-10at12_04_40PM.jpeg.9d752d31633e3045067ded38a99c4dbd.jpeg

Curious to know the story behind this photo and why he wasn't there. He seemed to have time for the broody-track-walk photo (Riccardo was off sick, thus the reason for his omission. Maybe LH had the same bug the day before)