Formula 1...

'Dale

So after the Riciardio incident, am I correct in saying only 2 out of the 8 Renault powered cars finished the race. They wont be happy about that, last year we had the Perelli tyres causing some excitement, this year it seems the Renault motor wil entertain us.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So after the Riciardio incident, am I correct in saying only 2 out of the 8 Renault powered cars finished the race. They wont be happy about that, last year we had the Perelli tyres causing some excitement, this year it seems the Renault motor wil entertain us.

Nope. In terms of engines lasting the whole way, we still had the same number of Renault powered cars finishing the race. The disqualification doesn't change that. He finished the full race distance and was disqualified after the fact. He crossed the finish line. His removal from the podium doesn't change that, as he'll still be listed albeit with a "dq" next to his name

Nope. In terms of engines lasting the whole way, we still had the same number of Renault powered cars finishing the race. The disqualification doesn't change that. He finished the full race distance and was disqualified after the fact. He crossed the finish line. His removal from the podium doesn't change that, as he'll still be listed albeit with a "dq" next to his name

Okay so 3 out of 8. With one cheating.

Its idiots like you who make the internet unpleasant.

Ag mate, lighten up. Your team did not win. Dont get insulting. you backed Renault and it failed. Better luck next time. I dislike Renault, I admit. Maybe next time you can gloat.

Okay so 3 out of 8. With one cheating.
Yeah. Really feel for the oke. I mean it's such a stupid thing to be disqualified on given how it could have been and should have been avoided and controlled by the team. He must be supremely gutted

Yeah. Really feel for the oke. I mean it's such a stupid thing to be disqualified on given how it could have been and should have been avoided and controlled by the team. He must be supremely gutted

Agreed, I cheered for Daniel this morning, I mean his smile on the podium showed he is a future superstar. i think he earned so much respect around the world today with his drive. Pity the team managed the situation badly. I am not a Red Bull fan at all, because of Vettel, but Daniel changed that.

That was a rookie error by red bull. They could have gone to fuel save and maybe lost 3-4 places.

Knowing this, the performance of red bull was rather over stated this afternoon. They may be back with the Ferraris pace if they comply with the legal flow of fuel during the race. Maybe this was the reason for ignoring the warnings.

That was a rookie error by red bull. They could have gone to fuel save and maybe lost 3-4 places.

Knowing this, the performance of red bull was rather over stated this afternoon. They may be back with the Ferraris pace if they comply with the legal flow of fuel during the race. Maybe this was the reason for ignoring the warnings.

Cheating. That is what it boils down to. Yip, fully agree with ya.

I must say... (and this has gotten bugger-all to do with the race) that I thought that Nico is the guy with the coolest helmet! That matt black design works for me. :thumbup:

Seriously impressive showing by the McLarens... young Magnussen did really well - what a debut! Likewise Kvyat... Ferrari will be seriously worried about their lack of pace. And... I really think they simply managed Nico's lead. Have a very sneaky feeling that that car is capable of much more.

Noses on the cars did not look as hideous in action as on the photo's. Notable exceptions are the STR's. Some of them actually reminded me of the 80's Brabhams with just a bit out at the front - esp Williams.

What I really cannot fathom - why do they tighten the rules regarding reliability together with a complete change in the formula?! Give it a year to settle down, THEN bring it down to 5 power units per car per season. Another brain-dead FIA decision, in my opinion.

What I really really liked - the cars stepped out a bit! So nice to see some loss of traction coming out of corners, it actually looked like motor racing and not scalectrix.

Faulty fuel flow sensors since pre-season testing with numerous teams complaining.

Hearing a lot of reports of teams running in yesterdays race without the FIA supplied, mandatory, sensors too. Surely that is illegal too???

I am a self-confessed RBR fan, but it just smacks of conspiracy. Using these kinds of compulsory, FIA supplied parts leaves a lot of room for manipulation of results to cover the fact that these new engine rules are utter crap. Slow, very slow which I don't believe makes the racing any more exciting.

Ricciardo deserves his podium position.

Aussie organisers are crying breach of contract due to the lack of sound from the cars...

and I sort of agree, even though the race was entertaining, I think the low sound sucks!

Faulty fuel flow sensors since pre-season testing with numerous teams complaining.

Hearing a lot of reports of teams running in yesterdays race without the FIA supplied, mandatory, sensors too. Surely that is illegal too???

I am a self-confessed RBR fan, but it just smacks of conspiracy. Using these kinds of compulsory, FIA supplied parts leaves a lot of room for manipulation of results to cover the fact that these new engine rules are utter crap. Slow, very slow which I don't believe makes the racing any more exciting.

I agree, they should have kept him in 2nd place, also keeping his points towards the championship. They should have taken the constructors points away Red Bull racing. That seems fair to me. He drove one helluva race.

Yeah it's tough on Riciardo, who really does seem like a nice down to earth guy. Silly mistake from the team for sure though.

I must say... (and this has gotten bugger-all to do with the race) that I thought that Nico is the guy with the coolest helmet! That matt black design works for me. :thumbup:

Seriously impressive showing by the McLarens... young Magnussen did really well - what a debut! Likewise Kvyat... Ferrari will be seriously worried about their lack of pace. And... I really think they simply managed Nico's lead. Have a very sneaky feeling that that car is capable of much more.

Noses on the cars did not look as hideous in action as on the photo's. Notable exceptions are the STR's. Some of them actually reminded me of the 80's Brabhams with just a bit out at the front - esp Williams.

What I really cannot fathom - why do they tighten the rules regarding reliability together with a complete change in the formula?! Give it a year to settle down, THEN bring it down to 5 power units per car per season. Another brain-dead FIA decision, in my opinion.

What I really really liked - the cars stepped out a bit! So nice to see some loss of traction coming out of corners, it actually looked like motor racing and not scalectrix.

Regarding the helmets, I miss the 'good old days' where a drivers helmet was like his signature and stayed with them throughout their career... Like Senna's iconic yellow helmet, Prosts French flag or Mansell's Union Jack.

As for the noses, they are indeed shocking with STR & Mercedes being the pick of a bad bunch. However, as the season goes on, I expect most of these designs to change drastically and the anteater nose in particular will probably disappear.

If that's true, then well yeah. FIA need to answer a few questions!