The worst feeling on a bike... ever!!

Squier

Did you not have the option to ride into someone flower bed or grass on the side of the road that slows you down loads!

Dude, I wish! On my left was a deep storm water channel (which was empty) and on the other side the road. I had nowhere to go... except down!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a safety first kinda guy. (No wonder everybody passes me on downhills)

Anyway the worst feeling on a bike (MTB) for ME:

Over the xmas period I visited our family holiday home in the garden route (Eersterivier , not the one in the cape , the one between J-bay and Plet)where I had lots of fun with all the beautiful trails in that area.

On one of those trails , I had that "feeling" , you know the one that you need to go RIFHT NOW . . . Needles to say I didn't have toilet paper nor wipes. But as I said , I am a safety first kinda guy and because I rode Hakerville I had some first aid amenities with me. To keep a short story short , a bandage does work well to wipe your . . .

Yip , I do check my breaks, for that matter everything and these days even have some baby wipes . . . just in case . . .

no wonder everybody passes me . . .

Worst feeling ever....when you on a morning cycle, about 50km from home realising you seriously need a toilet....and then you get a puncture rushing home realising you forgot your tire levers at home...

@messenger does this ring a bell??

Been there, done that. I'm not going back again. My business will go elsewhere.

Try SingleTrack cycles on the corner of Lynnwood rd and Silver Lakes drive at the Hazeldean centre. They have great technicians, we never had a problem and they do things thoroughly.

Their club rides are also awesome and the technicians ride with on Saturdays for any plugging, technical bike issues etc.

• 4 years later...

Whatever happened to him?

Not sure what he's actually doing these days, but did give his missus a lift to Rhodesfield for a couple of days about a week or so back. They live a few blocks away from me. 

Are you still riding with those mechanical disk brakes? :whistling:

Actually, the day I fell was the last ride I rode with that bike. It was a GT Avalanche so its days were numbered from the start. Still had good times on it though!

I'm on bike #3 since that bike now. [emoji1]

Sjo, can imagine thats a ball shrinking moment. ..

I have often thought to myself what i would do in this situation while hurtling down the mountain..in face what would the best course of action be?

Bail, duck and roll, hold on and hope for the best, find something to crash into (soft preferably)...

Ha you should do what we did as kids on our brake less bmxs.

Shove the sole of your shoe against the top of your rear tyre above the seat stays. It wears your shoes and tyres but it slows you down quick without an otb

Dude, I wish! On my left was a deep storm water channel (which was empty) and on the other side the road. I had nowhere to go... except down!

I know the road in question .Hectic traffic or down and there are no side roads to try and bail out