CO2 Bombs dry up sealant

Nic0000

Next time, get the tyres as close to ready to inflate as possible, then go to the petrol station chuck in the sealant and use the compressors there to seat the tyres. simple valve adapter works well. And you can do it 24hrs a day

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another option is to bomb the tyre so it seals up nicely and then deflate it.

You will then be letting out the CO2 and a hand or floor pump will be able to pump it up as the bomb seated the sidewalls etc.

When I get into your position I use a bomb to seat the tyre without any sealant. I then deflate, insert the sealant through the valve, and re-inflate with a floor pump thus keeping the sealant away from any funny effects of the CO2.

I use the bomb to seat the tire with no sealant in it.

I then remove the air and the valve core.

Then add the sealant through the valve.

Use the floor pump to pump the tyre up again.

I've seated many a tubeless using just my floor pump. While pumping with one hand, I gently bounce the tire on the ground while pumping, especially at the point where the tire is a bit off-set off the rim. This helps to seat the tire to the rim and so far worked every time. Little patience and learning to pump a floor pump with one hand. No problem.

Get one of these and never worry about seating tubeless again[emoji106][emoji106]

f4303c14c59117437a153100ad5cf45d.jpg

a8090f524e42207070117f2a1cd96318.jpg

8333242db3144457f8d7adc690f17052.jpg

d526dc94a379d2b39550ac713f2d9213.jpg

I've eyed this unit for a while, but expensive and not taken the plunge yet. Because I've been successful using my floor pump every time, I've not committed to purchase. Love the unit though.

I've eyed this unit for a while, but expensive and not taken the plunge yet. Because I've been successful using my floor pump every time, I've not committed to purchase. Love the unit though.

What's the price over there?

Didn't see the Bontrager one, but another model cost over a grand, think it was like R1k2 if I remember correct.

there are guys who have built DIY versions of bead blasters/ tubliss inflators, old fire extinguisher and fittings and a valve of sorts.

But again, a petrol station compressor is a great alternative, and apart from the fuel to get there it is free...

Edited by dave303e

But again, a petrol station compressor is a great alternative, and apart from the fuel to get there it is free...

Doesn't help you when you doing a 3 day event and in the bundus and need to change a tyre :whistling:  :eek:

this also helps