Cost of Events

deanmor

Do you think the cost of events is too high?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the cost of events is too high?

• Yes
    • No

And what do CSA contribute for open riders who represent the bulk of entrants at a road race. I've observed they are only interested in the lic riders, once the lic riders are finished they pack up and go home.........

Damn right Scotters, the bastards should stay and clap us home - we're payin their wages.

Maybe throw streamers too.

:D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see why people who dont have the decency to be on time, wake up on the last minute to register for an event should be allowed to register. This is pure selfishness on their parts as they refused to take the time out of their "busy" schedules to spend a 5 minutes completing a registration. I might not earn mega bucks every month like someone claimed on here early, but I do not allow my work to dictate my life either. These kind of people are the kind that has let the country end up where it is today as they always have some s&%&U&(&%*t excuse about oh he is only a child, agggh it was only 2 million, oh next time it wont happen, he comes from a previously disadvantaged backgroun etc. Wkaer up guys, you are not the only people in the world, stop being selfish and take ithers into consideration

Cape epic at 600 teams x R30 000 = 18 000 000 000? 18 000 000 .00 not bad!

FIXED, but STILL not too bad. 18 bar? SO how do they split that up?

Edited by The Drongo

aaaargggg not another one of these... S E A R C H!!!! Been debated over and over again.

agreed...but......its clearly becoming more and more of an issue as the penny pinches

Cape epic at 600 teams x R30 000 = 18 000 000 000? not bad!

More like 600x R35 000 = R21 300 000 :o Logistics cant be as bad as the early days, it doesn't move as much.

We used to do an out of town race and a local race every month.

Last year I needed to cut back as I work in the mining industry and bonuses were not going to happen. So we ended up doing three out of town events.

This year we are doing two - Jhb2C and Kalahari Challenge.

Last weekend's SS race was my 1st race of the year and apart from the XC series and 94.7 I will not do any other local races.

agreed...but......its clearly becoming more and more of an issue as the penny pinches

Exactly, its only gonna get worse.

More like 600x R35 000 = R21 300 000 :o Logistics cant be as bad as the early days, it doesn't move as much.

Back to entry fees. I will not go as it is wayyy to much. The event in question has a major sponsor in Mr Price. The largest clothing retailer in the country. So I agree the organiser Stu Berry should make money BUT!! the current fees for this are way out of hand. We were paying 100 t0 120 for the average race of 40 to 45km. This I think personally is reasonable.

When you start going to R150 und up it becomes to much!!!!! Iused to ride almost every event but alas now i will have to pick and choose. Such a pitty as it is becoming more and more elitest. Watch guys in two to three years time all you will see at the races are Range rovers, Land cruisers with s works and canondales.

Deduct the 50 odd pro teams that get free entries, and another 50 odd entries that go to land owners who allow the event to go through their estate. Then there are initiatives like Songo.info, charity auctions etc that gobbles up even more entries.

UCI sanctioning is not free, drug tests for pros is not free. Try and move 300 tons of equipment around, catering for 2000 people.

Where else do you get time splits for the full field racing on a day? I loved tracking my mates progress online and following the live commentary online.

Grandstand management has about 20 staff and probably another 20 full time consultants that works full time on the event and being the best in the business, they will get salaries that justifies that tag.

Grandstand management is not a public company and have no obligation to disclose financial information.

Market forces will dictate when the event has outpriced themselves.

CPT is cheaper, but follows the same trend with 20% year on year increases.

None of us asks Bernie Ecclestone to open up F1's books for us, but we like the entertainment every second sunday.

If you think its too expensive, don't enter - simple.

Damn right Scotters, the bastards should stay and clap us home - we're payin their wages.

Maybe throw streamers too.

:D

Streamers, vuvuzela's, loud cheers...i want it all. :angry:

aaaargggg not another one of these... S E A R C H!!!! Been debated over and over again.

And the orgs have not adhered to our complaints on the Hub...again. :D

Deduct the 50 odd pro teams that get free entries, and another 50 odd entries that go to land owners who allow the event to go through their estate. Then there are initiatives like Songo.info, charity auctions etc that gobbles up even more entries.

UCI sanctioning is not free, drug tests for pros is not free. Try and move 300 tons of equipment around, catering for 2000 people.

Where else do you get time splits for the full field racing on a day? I loved tracking my mates progress online and following the live commentary online.

Grandstand management has about 20 staff and probably another 20 full time consultants that works full time on the event and being the best in the business, they will get salaries that justifies that tag.

Grandstand management is not a public company and have no obligation to disclose financial information.

Market forces will dictate when the event has outpriced themselves.

CPT is cheaper, but follows the same trend with 20% year on year increases.

None of us asks Bernie Ecclestone to open up F1's books for us, but we like the entertainment every second sunday.

If you think its too expensive, don't enter - simple.

You can try justify it till you're blue in the face(no disrespect) Its crazy money, end of story for me. Just look at the state of F1, not the best example to use as its lost the appeal it once had.

And the orgs have not adhered to our complaints on the Hub...again. :D

Brass band perhaps?

this topic should read, '' Is our safety a priority with Event Organisers?''

I am referring to road events that do not have full road closure!

Edited by Captain Slow