Bottelary Hills MTB Trails

Hellwarp

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up a mini pump on my ride this morning on the new single track on the red route at the pine forest. Pm me if its yours.

• 2 months later...

Those loose downhill bits through the trees on Fish Eagle are getting to be quite the adrenaline-rush, but otherwise the trail is holding up remarkably, given the dry conditions we've had for some time now. Red ST through the pine forest also still in good condition. Has it been shortened after the first big hairpin - after that we seemed to exit rather suddenly onto the wider forestry road?

Those loose downhill bits through the trees on Fish Eagle are getting to be quite the adrenaline-rush, but otherwise the trail is holding up remarkably, given the dry conditions we've had for some time now. Red ST through the pine forest also still in good condition. Has it been shortened after the first big hairpin - after that we seemed to exit rather suddenly onto the wider forestry road?

Ons benodig dringend reën om te begin met onderhoudswerk - langtermynvoorspelling vir Maart wys egter geen noemenswaardige reën nie.  Ons hoop maar vir die beste.

Die rooi ST deur die woud is langer gemaak (September verlede jaar al) en nie korter nie - jy sluit nou net verder aan by die breër kontoerpad.  

Edited by dirtman

• 2 weeks later...

Please note that no day permit sales take place at Overgaauw wine estate, the closest day permit sales point to Stellenbosch is hotel reception at Asara wine estate. You can however start your ride from Overgaauw if you are in possesion of the required annual or day permit

• 2 weeks later...

Nice photos, but no number boards! ;)

No need to worry - permission for the photo shoot was requested and granted in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

How safe are these trails to ride on your own on weekends.  I assume with JOnkers being out, the trails should be quite busy, but I don't like taking chances with these type of things.

I need some big rides for the Sani2C and this is one of a few spots with the trails for 4 hour rides.

Cheers!