Bottelary Hills MTB Trails

Hellwarp

Found some barrier tape with new arrows (some over the existing direction signs) this afternoon on the red route - that part where you ride through the vineyard on Goedehoop. Is that part closed now? Bit confusing as it is in the middle of the vineyard and then route you back to the homestead. Not sure what that is about as you can't continue it seems.

Can somebody help? Don't want to upset landowners.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Found some barrier tape with new arrows (some over the existing direction signs) this afternoon on the red route - that part where you ride through the vineyard on Goedehoop. Is that part closed now? Bit confusing as it is in the middle of the vineyard and then route you back to the homestead. Not sure what that is about as you can't continue it seems.

Hi pgp

Thanks for notifying us, we also have a report of guys riding with lights this evening in that same area. Not endorsed by us so we are busy investigating the matter. Instances like these that end up with trails being closed.

There is no change in the route.  A restaurant on one of the farms bordering Bottelary tar road had a night ride on this evening, following a route within the borders of that farm and not on the Bottelary routes. Taping of our routes is not on.  Will take it up with the restaurant tomorrow.    

So how long does it take to get confirmation that you can collect your number board, Been waiting almost 2 months now.

Who can I mail proof of payment to?

So how long does it take to get confirmation that you can collect your number board, Been waiting almost 2 months now.

Who can I mail proof of payment to?

Picked mine up after 2 days

Hi pgp

Thanks for notifying us, we also have a report of guys riding with lights this evening in that same area. Not endorsed by us so we are busy investigating the matter. Instances like these that end up with trails being closed.

I went through there at about 17:30 with nobody else around if that helps.

Possibly doing the trails (most of them) tomorrow with friends coming from Stellenbosch via Asara. Any route/ safety issues I should know about?

Possibly doing the trails (most of them) tomorrow with friends coming from Stellenbosch via Asara. Any route/ safety issues I should know about?

Rode everything last weekend to check conditions - trails are mostly in good shape.  Will do  maintenance as soon as we have some decent rains.

Also just waiting for final permission from the relevant parties (and rain) before we will start on a big building project with loads of single track!

Also just waiting for final permission from the relevant parties (and rain) before we will start on a big building project with loads of single track!

Sounds exciting :w00t: 

Rode everything last weekend to check conditions - trails are mostly in good shape.  Will do  maintenance as soon as we have some decent rains.

Can't wait... :drool:

Which area or loop?

There is a wide deep trench open across the yellow loop at present.

It is at the bottom of the yellow loop, just after the bridge crossing the overflow of the dam.

It is easy to jump across on foot, but a bit awkward with a bike on your shoulder if you are on your own. Easy to pass bikes over if you are more than one person.

The alternative is to turn right on the brick paved road where you exit the single track before the dam. You rejoin the route at the farm house.

The pipe is already installed in the trench, so should be back filled soon.

Edited by mountain_lion

Thanks for the heads-up 

There is a wide deep trench open across the yellow loop at present.

It is at the bottom of the yellow loop, just after the bridge crossing the overflow of the dam.

It is easy to jump across on foot, but a bit awkward with a bike on your shoulder if you are on your own. Easy to pass bikes over if you are more than one person.

The alternative is to turn right on the brick paved road where you exit the single track before the dam. You rejoin the route at the farm house.

The pipe is already installed in the trench, so should be back filled soon.

Thanks for the heads-up Mountain Lion  :thumbup:

Trail notice: run-offs have been opened up on Mongoose singletrack to guide rainwater off the trail.

Trench across yellow route is still there, with unpassable mud on the other side. Best to ride over the dam wall to the paved road and then follow the paved road as it becomes the yellow route a little bit up.

post-38519-0-06114500-1466085391_thumb.jpg