Bottelary Hills MTB Trails

Hellwarp

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this trails fairly safe to ride alone or 2 ppl only?

Thinking of starting hazendal  botelary rd entrance

The red trail can it be compared to a hoogekraal cobra trail or tokai cobra? 

Or not as technical as those?

Edited by MajG
Added questions

1 hour ago, MajG said:

Is this trails fairly safe to ride alone or 2 ppl only?

Thinking of starting hazendal  botelary rd entrance

The red trail can it be compared to a hoogekraal cobra trail or tokai cobra? 

Or not as technical as those?

Save to ride alone.

All routes all  non technical - no comparison to any of the cobra's.  Would recommend you ride red from Hazendal (first section will be pink arrows, then green arrows and red will split away from green on top of the first big climb) , link up with yellow on Stellenbosch side, back to red again and finish off with green back to Hazendal.

Edited by dirtman

34 minutes ago, dirtman said:

Save to ride alone.

All routes all  non technical - no comparison to any of the cobra's.  Would recommend you ride red from Hazendal (first section will be pink arrows, then green arrows and red will split away from green on top of the first big climb) , link up with yellow on Stellenbosch side, back to red again and finish off with green back to Hazendal.

Ok, not too challenging then, more flowy type single-track

Thanks 

• 2 months later...

GET READY FOR A WEEKEND OF FUN IN THE WINELANDS

Discover the beauty of the Bottelary region near Stellenbosch from 1 – 3 October, when the Bottelary Hills Renosterveld Conservancy (BHRC) is hosting their first MTB & Eco-weekend. Bike, hike, sip and taste your way through this off-the-beaten track destination in the heart of the Cape Winelands.

MOUNTAIN BIKE RIDES

Mountain bikers can pick from eight self-guided rides at different starting points varying in distance and difficulty levels. The specially marked routes will be open on Saturday 2 October and range from 18km to 45km across rolling hillsides, vineyard trails and single tracks through the indigenous Renosterveld.  One of the brand new single tracks has been developed by multiple world triathlon champion Conrad Stoltz. Park and ride starting points as well as exciting trail extensions and a newly developed bike park are part of the line-up. Guided rides led by the regular marshals will also be available. 

This event celebrates the 10th anniversary of the Bottelary Hills MTB Trails and the continued conservation work done by the conservancy.  Entries will be limited to between 50 and 100 riders per venue in adherence to current COVID protocols.  Entry fees are from R230 - R250 and include a bottle of wine and a commemorative keyring.  Fun lucky draw prizes are up for grabs.  Limited entries are available, so book early to avoid disappointment. Enter at www.entryninja.com.

Take note that the MTB trails are only open to event entrants on Saturday 2 October and will run on the normal annual and day permit system from Sunday 3 October.

WINE AND DINE

For those just wanting to relax and enjoy the rural magic of the Bottelary Hills, each starting venue has planned specific activities, including live entertainment, fun outdoor experiences and fantastic food and wine offerings. Check the website to see what Bellevue, Devonvale, Fort Simon, Hazendal, Jordan, Karibib, Neethlingshof and Zevenwacht are planning on the day. From breakfast to lunch, there will be something for every taste and budget. Pizzas, platters, picnics are all part of the menu. Pop-up food trucks, mobile coffee bars, a traditional braai and exotic Russian tea ceremonies also form part of the programme. Pre-bookings are advised.

Follow our social media platforms @bottelary_hills_conservancy on Instagram and @BottelaryHillsConservancyMTN for updates on the local hospitality offered by each venue.   Bookings and more information https://www.entryninja.com/events/77030-bhrc-mtb-eco-w and

https://mailchi.mp/9ca61ae1a211/bhc-mtb-eco-weekend as well as www.bottelaryconservancy.co.za

Event flyer.png

• 4 weeks later...

You can find up-to-date maps of the Bottelary Hills mtb trails and any other trails in the world at www.trailforks.com 

I'm loving all the new ST that's been added, thank you to all involved in making this possible ???? The new section on Jordan through the forest built by Conrad Stoltz is unbelievably good, as too the new loop around Fort Simon. A little more work on those Fort Simon berms will have that downhill section flowing so nicely ???? I feeling super privileged to have such amazing trails on my doorstep.

@Trail-Blazer Where does the new Lizard extension start and end?

Sorry for asking but not seeing it on Trail Forks and looking forward to trying it this weekend

https://strava.app.link/f0Y2K8vy6jb

The start is on the left, 10m above the old right turn into the Lizard single track. The route is marked now, just follow the red arrows-hard to get lost! It finishes right next to the old exit of Lizard, above Wolfkloof. We just finished it yesterday, the going and edges are soft! It will be loaded onto Trailforks as soon as poss...

Jordan.JPG.55398ec31783c3025abe003490d7b6d6.JPG

@Trail-Blazer just a question regarding this extended loop on Jordan that can be seen on Trail Forks.

Is this going to be a new track or is this an old track that's no longer being used?

When you come out of the new ST that Conrad built, there's bunting showing you shouldn't be going down on this loop. On the map it looks like to comes out on the tar road that loops around to the new Jump Track off Polkadraai road.

15 hours ago, Trail-Blazer said:

The start is on the left, 10m above the old right turn into the Lizard single track. The route is marked now, just follow the red arrows-hard to get lost! It finishes right next to the old exit of Lizard, above Wolfkloof. We just finished it yesterday, the going and edges are soft! It will be loaded onto Trailforks as soon as poss...

Sorry, i tend to forget names of the trails. Can you just mention, on which loop is the Lizard? Green? Red? Roughly. 

16 hours ago, Trail-Blazer said:

Road it yesterday without realising, explains all the fresh shovel marks ???? a lot of work you guys have put in adjusting to the new game fence and think it will be great once it has had a bit of rain and been run in a bit.

unnamed1.jpg.0df90c02f31af089ee6d2f2804f4635b.jpg

unnamed2.jpg.4b4d95e1a19bf0cc3e54c6fc0c3fd899.jpg

45 minutes ago, leon_pro said:

Sorry, i tend to forget names of the trails. Can you just mention, on which loop is the Lizard? Green? Red? Roughly. 

Red, up by the masts

image.png.bc3aee6549443c8037700b703c642bf2.png