Ever wanted to quit cycling?

What size? A 54, by any chance? How much you want for it?

Could be. Need to ge the bag out of storage and check if you want. Not sure what its worth.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest agteros

I crashed out last week during a race...I wanted to quit...

I got over myself after my wife won her race.

Have you ever wanted to quit cycling or even have done so. And why? And how do you get back on the horse...

Every time I prepare/pack for a race/ride I want to quit. It is just such a schlep compared to running. Oh and the runners are friendlier as well, which does not help to keep the cycling (Yeah road AND MTB) fire burning!

Every time i hear of a cyclist killled on the raod i seriously question riding, but i just cant stop! I thought i could race MTB competitively in the sub vets? I'v come to realise i cant!!! i still start all the races in A batch, but i ride to enjoy now...

Every time I prepare/pack for a race/ride I want to quit. It is just such a schlep compared to running. Oh and the runners are friendlier as well, which does not help to keep the cycling (Yeah road AND MTB) fire burning!

Sadly I do agree with your comment re the friendliness of cyclists. For the love me I can't understand why it's so difficult for other cyclists to wave back when you say hi in the mornings. I'm a mtbiker and I always thought it's only the roadies who's got that attitude, but even some of my fellow mtbikers these days are turning into a bunch of grumpy old bastards!

Sadly I do agree with your comment re the friendliness of cyclists. For the love me I can't understand why it's so difficult for other cyclists to wave back when you say hi in the mornings. I'm a mtbiker and I always thought it's only the roadies who's got that attitude, but even some of my fellow mtbikers these days are turning into a bunch of grumpy old bastards!

Not just cyclists; I think it's becoming the human condition. I walk into the office in the morning and greet everyone - there's about 70 people on my side of the building - but if I get one or two "Hi's" in return, I'll count myself lucky. Maybe it would work better if I sent sms or tweets.

Edited by LeTurbo

..but even some of my fellow mtbikers these days are turning into a bunch of grumpy old bastards!

roadies in disguise. dont be fooled. :rolleyes:

Not just cyclists; I think it's becoming the human condition. I walk into the office in the morning and greet everyone - there's about 70 people on my side of the building - but if I get one or two "Hi's" in return, I'll count myself lucky. Maybe it would work better if I sent sms or tweets.

for the twitters :D

Could be. Need to ge the bag out of storage and check if you want. Not sure what its worth.

its worth nothing to anyone :whistling:

so you can give it to me :)

the funny thing is during argus I made a point of thanking all the marshalls on the route - they stand out there all day - so that we can enjoy ourselves. This tannie riding with us chirps ... you must be a runner, cause only runners thank all the marshalls!

I love making a point of saying good morning to all the grumpy folks, and the people that you know will never say anything back.

Every time i hear of a cyclist killled on the raod i seriously question riding, ...

Yip, you don't train during the week because of the dangerous roads, go to races over weekends less prepared and end up tasting blood within the first 5kms cause you can't keep with the pace.I considered doing shorter distances though.

But never felt wanted to quit in 13yrs. Husband's passion for cycling is contagious.

No, but I combat the feeling. The moment I really get gatvol with the bikes, I take a month off. In between, when I wake up in the morning to go ride and have the 'I don't feel like it' feeling, I put my tekkies on and hit the streets...keeps me sane, that and Style Mans wise words!

Thats cause you live in Cape Town, land of the the grumps.