Ever wanted to quit cycling?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I quit every night, only to restart the next day, there are however, days when I don't start again. This problem is slightly greater for me when it comes to running, as I find cycling to work takes less time and energy. Soon I hope to quit running more often than what I am presently doing.

the funny thing is during argus I made a point of thanking all the marshalls on the route - they stand out there all day - so that we can enjoy ourselves. This tannie riding with us chirps ... you must be a runner, cause only runners thank all the marshalls!

I thought it was the right thing to do while cycling as well.

Anyhow... Yes I wanted to quit few times, but I am from a cycling family. So I doubt that I am going to quit. Although I am off the bike from December the 29th (my last fall)

Yeah, I have cycled since 1987 and there are times that you just need a good break of a couple of months and then you find the passion for our great sport again.

Or just watch the TDF and you are motivated to go at it again :thumbup:

I usually quit after the Argus, however this year I decided to commute to work, and now I am unhappy if I don't ride.

Soon I hope to quit running more often than what I am presently doing.

Why? Sometimes going for a run is the best thing. Also, there are no helmuts, bar ends, 26er's, 29er's and associated crap. Just you, a pair of shoes and the trail. Ok, I'm biased, 2&half years ago, I couldn't even walk, so running is the best reward..

FFS, and I have been riding bikes for 25 years. WTH?

Not really, but I dont cycle exclusively, I run, play golf, scuba dive, hike, swim, visit the gym, ....sometimes I may not cycle for two weeks, or more, but I have run more swam more been to gym more played more golf and so on, of course it also works the other way round too.

Cycling as a sole exclusive sport would have had me toss in the towel 10 years ago, it would just be way to repetitive and boring for me.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Not really, but I dont cycle exclusively, I run, play golf, scuba dive, hike, swim, visit the gym, ....som

And eat prawns apparently?

I cracked my left wrist one weekend and the next weekend broke my right wrist, felt like throwing the damn bike off the mountain (like it was the bikes fault :blush: ) but luckally couldnt pick it up to throw it off since both my hands were useless.

i quit road cycling (cause i got bored of it after 8 years) and started Triathlon, been AWESOME!! started a bit of MTB now as well and I have to force myself to train on my TT bike, the trails are SO much fun :)

When I was run over by a car and broke my ribs in eleven places ,punctured a lung etc etc I really thought I would not get on a bike again.

While in hospital and looking at my X-Rays etc I told myself if I could come out of this walking and more or less the same person physically as before I would really not mind ever riding again.

The ten days in hospital really gave me time to think about the more important things in life like family etc.

Then I thought I will really miss cycling and today I am riding stronger than before and really glad that I did not quit the sport I love so much.

After every 94.7 - I just hate cycling in the heat and just too many roadie everywhere on the roads in summer and then I get the feeling back and start up in the winter again

I quit yesterday after a shocker of a bike split in PE on Sunday, now I'm to scared to not ride today and loose all the training/effort I've put in over the last year :(