Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

@wattaloadofcrock2 :D But I like her style of interview :thumbup:

Edited by DJR

@Warthog here you go, not complete but close ...

26c37050b5b21baf790729741178081a.jpgc6e311c1a49feebae201733b6565337f.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

That looks spectacular!!! Drooling here....

Now can't wait even more...

An interesting debate!

Now THAT is how to deal with irritating cyclists........as opposed to the SA way, which is to get aggressive, speed, moan on Twitter, overtake dangerously and kill a few in the process, leave the scene of the accident and write bitchy Hub posts..

And then we have this campaign running here ...

https://www.trendsmap.com/twitter/tweet/987381612621987840

Sorry it is in German but basically motorists are reminded to make a "bow" around cyclists when passing even when cycling two abreast.

It's quite interesting how different countries solve the same problem.

SA - 1.5m wider of the rider - I still don't think this is workable - it would mean staying behind almost every cyclist on every road with overtaking only possible when moving right onto the opposite side of the road (which is cool for us but terrible for everybody else).

I like Germany's bow idea - not sure it's workable in SA because of poor road design and the car based lifestyle.

Here in Denmark pretty much all cycle paths are separated physically from the road. Best solution in my opinion - no need for any bow/wider of the rider/passing cyclist rules. It has cost a ridiculous amount of money though!

It's quite interesting how different countries solve the same problem.

SA - 1.5m wider of the rider - I still don't think this is workable - it would mean staying behind almost every cyclist on every road with overtaking only possible when moving right onto the opposite side of the road (which is cool for us but terrible for everybody else).

I like Germany's bow idea - not sure it's workable in SA because of poor road design and the car based lifestyle.

Here in Denmark pretty much all cycle paths are separated physically from the road. Best solution in my opinion - no need for any bow/wider of the rider/passing cyclist rules. It has cost a ridiculous amount of money though!

It boils down to the attitude of the drivers.  You would be surprised how narrow many of the country roads are here in my valley.  There is hardly space for two cars.  Even when two cars approached they have to slow down a bit and maybe a tyre must go slightly off the side of the road.  Let alone pass cyclists.  But normally they wait untill it is save to pass.  Yesterday on my commute home I was cycling on a narrow road and a youngster was approaching from the opposite direction and in my opinion way too fast.  I just shouted "slower" and he immediately hit the brakes and slowed down.