Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Morph said:

May be an image of phone and text

Speaking of scams. I regularly use Booking .com to book accommodation. About a month ago I booked accommodation for December. Going to a gig in Salisbury and always stay at the same place there when I stay in Salisbury. I go there often. 

I get an email from the booking.com domain to say they need to verify my card details and I have 12 hours to do it or run the risk of losing my booking. Now , I am pressed for time as I need to fetch my lad from school and anxious that I don’t lose my booking so I click the link. Takes me to a page that shows all the details of my booking including name, date, price etc. of course it then asks me me for different card details. Just before I start I reckon, hang on a minute. I have other bookings and not heard about them. I then go into the booking.com website and see the email is in the message folder. I then scrutinise the link and realise there is a small difference. 

somehow booking.com has been hacked or the particular hotel. I am relatively sure that non-regular users probably will get scammed as it is so well done. 

have contacted booking.com…they say it’s a scam but as yet have not divulged where the leak is. 

be careful out there. 

Edited by IceCreamMan