Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Ja right..... not so awesome...IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow6ybXBF9AU

Aeromobil, a Slovakian company that has been working on a flying-car design since the 1990s, recently flew its aircraft for the first time. The company says it aims for the design to be a "real 'roadable aircraft'" that combines the performance of a sports car with the qualities of a light aircraft. The airplane that flew is the third-generation prototype, which the company said aims to be "stylish [and] comfortable for both the driver and the passenger." In its auto configuration, the Aeromobil fits into standard parking spaces, and can be fueled at any gas station. It runs with a 100 hp Rotax 912 engine and, in its airplane configuration, has a top speed of 124 mph and a range of 430 miles. It's constructed of a steel framework with a carbon-fiber coating.

The wings fold and unfold with the touch of a button from the cockpit, similar to the design of the more well-known Terrafugia Transition aircraft. The empty weight is under 1,000 pounds. Stefan Klein, co-founder of the company, has a background in aviation and design, with a resume that includes work at Audi, Volkswagen and BMW. His partner, co-founder Juraj Vaculik, has experience in media and advertising. The company is seeking additional investors, designers and partners to work on the project.

http://www.avweb.com...ar220786-1.html

75th anniversary of the most infamous hoax in the history of radio.

'Orson Welles' production of H G Wells' The War Of The Worlds'...

- 30 October 1938

post-41881-0-42458700-1383330098_thumb.jpg

post-41881-0-43589300-1383330478_thumb.jpg