Cajees Cycle Corner

Adam Smith

Be very cautious when dealing with Cajees Cycle Corner in Fourways. They told me that they not a swop shop and refused to either change it or give back my tire because I did not have the "paperwork".

by paperwork you mean a "slip" or an invoice ?

Cause really you dont expect them to take something back that they have no proof you purchased from them ?

Kinda reasonable dont you think ?

It's Cajees... one cannot expect any different fom them.

If you're confined to the Fourways area... rather go to FPC. If not... hit up Linden Cycles

A lot of places won't do that unless you have the till slip.

What's the fuss?

You'd expect a dude with a name like Adam Smith to understand the capitalist free markey system, no?

Your post doesn't make sense. By saying they wont give back your tire, you're saying that they have it and wont give it back to you. By saying they wont change it, it implies that you have it and they dont want to take it back. So which one is it?

From the "annoying things on the Hub" thread:-

"......Then there's two other types:-

People who trash other people, shops, situations etc. when they dont realise that they are a cause of the problem.................."

Just sayin.

You'd expect a dude with a name like Adam Smith to understand the capitalist free markey system, no?

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif Maybe he should ask his mate John Maynard Keynes for some pointers!

A lot of places won't do that unless you have the till slip.

What's the fuss?

Some establishments have a habit of not issuing a proper Invoice, then when it comes to problems, they use this as an excuse not to honour after sales service. Your Credit Card slips don't count according to them. Happened to me with other 'wheeler' dealer in Woodmead.

Some establishments have a habit of not issuing a proper Invoice, then when it comes to problems, they use this as an excuse not to honour after sales service. Your Credit Card slips don't count according to them. Happened to me with other 'wheeler' dealer in Woodmead.

It's just as easily your own fault for not requesting an invoice.

This is a stupid thread. In my business, and any business I know of, no proof of purchase means absolutely no discussion around exchange or refund will be entered into. Get over yourselves, bike shops aren't in it to be your BFF and your facespace buddy, and they sure as **** aint in it to be a charity. FFS!

You ever watch Joe Dirt?

"This is a business, this is not a charity. You know, I mean maybe one day Unicef will get into the impound business, but you know, until then, we're the people to see."

Edited by TNT1

Be very cautious when dealing with Cajees Cycle Corner in Fourways. They told me that they not a swop shop and refused to either change it or give back my tire because I did not have the "paperwork".

Interesting outlook you have there Mr Smith, yes I agree with you blame the shop because you don't have proof of purchase or proof of repair or proof of whatever you are trying to say, nothing like not accepting responsibility. Do you perhaps dabble in Politics from time to time because if you do I suggest you take it up as a full time occupation, you'll be very good at it.

Adam Smith's issues with the place aside, I had my own run-ins with the place. I used to live just down the road from the Cajees. On more than one occasion I took my bike in for a minor service or repairs, and when I went to collect the bike, they hit me with a massive invoice. Parts replaced that did not need to be replaced, etc. And then there was the time it took them 3 weeks to a freaken service! :thumbdown:

Ag nee man, moet die arme ou nie so erg moer nie. Sies

I dont shop around - I only buy from one place. They know me. They know I spend money there. Even if they dont have what I want I give them time to order it. That builds trust and one day when I need a quick Fri pm repair I know I will go the front of the Q.