Cycle Lane this morning - it is good not to be stuck in a car

Hairy

? I thought only the good folks in Spain and England where lucky enough to have cycle lanes. Think I need to move to Cape Town (DA Country :)) the question of course is just how wide spread are these lanes ?

nice pic. how'd you take it?

Pic taken on a basic Samsung Star cellphone using the panoramic function :)

Location: Opposite the Vlei with the beach and dunes to my back. I wanted to also get one of the sea from the elevated height one gets from the saddle, but this proved a little tricky to do while cycling and trying for a panoramic.

More pics will follow.

Yes this is the "Elitist bike path" .. funny though that I noted more labour force workers on the route this morning than anybody who looks like they might own a car.

Nice pic, the white car in the middle of the shot was very fast, looks like you only got the back of it and the front of someone else

Pic taken on a basic Samsung Star cellphone using the panoramic function :)

Location: Opposite the Vlei with the beach and dunes to my back. I wanted to also get one of the sea from the elevated height one gets from the saddle, but this proved a little tricky to do while cycling and trying for a panoramic.

More pics will follow.

Yes this is the "Elitist bike path" .. funny though that I noted more labour force workers on the route this morning than anybody who looks like they might own a car.

Must agree! Jhb looks rather 3rd world in comparison to the Republic of Cape Town. In fact it prob looks 3rd world compared to Harare...

Edited by Nic0000

Must agree! Jhb looks rather 3rd world in comparison to the Republic of Cape Town. In fact it prob looks 3rd world compared to Harare...

Hey ! thats not nice. Just cause the area I live in has a smell about it at 5am and I gotta run over rubbish on the pavement from 4 weeks ago and might have to wear a mask soon does not mean JHB is 3rd world city :lol:

What we need in JHB is GODZilla

Edited by Seeker911

Cool pic Hairy :thumbup:

The cycle lane is awesome just a pity it goes into a dodgy area and at 5:30 in the morning I rather take my chance on N1 into town :(

I see some plonker took out the fence next to the flea market area as well over week end, debris all over the place. Its scary to see how many accidents have happend on the route. :angry: I thing they need to have average speed there as well.

There was another car 'creatively parked' in the sand just before the Sunset Beach traffic lights yesterday.

That yellow kerb is a magnet for wheels!

Cool pic Hairy :thumbup:

The cycle lane is awesome just a pity it goes into a dodgy area and at 5:30 in the morning I rather take my chance on N1 into town :(

I see some plonker took out the fence next to the flea market area as well over week end, debris all over the place. Its scary to see how many accidents have happend on the route. :angry: I thing they need to have average speed there as well.

Hi Leet

This is one dangerous section of road and guys come flying down here like they are F1 drivers chasing around the Top Gear test track in a reasonably priced vehicle. We all know how many cyclist lives this road has also claimed, yet there are still plonkers who ride in the road where we have this path at our disposal!

Went past that mess this morning and was cursing as I did not want to cut up a brand new set of tyres!

Are they tow truck guys not meant to sweep up the debris after an accident. I ask this as the road was cleared, but not the path?

To the JHB boys ... I also smelt something in the air this morning on this route .... the fresh sea breeze clap.gif

H