Introduce yourself

Bianchisti

Welcome guys! If you have the ability to look past some of the negativity and the threads that don't really add much to the hub you will have a good time here.

There are plenty of technical discussions to either learn from or add to as well as informative ones about events to look out for, in fact if it's an event that geraldm24 is involved in read what he says and go do those!

Remember a forum of this kind is only as useful as the positive contributions from the members and Lord knows some fresh ones would be welcome!

:blush:  :D

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys

Just bought my first bike. Its a silverback Stride 10 (2012). Picked it up for R2900 and the guy was kind enough to throw in a spare tube , pump and lights. 

I'm planning on using the bike for trail rides and sometimes road. But mainly trail. Was wondering if I should consider going tubeless to avoid the headache of changing a tube everytime I ride. I know I'm not going to be as quick to change a tube as the guys on youtube.

Hi guys

Just bought my first bike. Its a silverback Stride 10 (2012). Picked it up for R2900 and the guy was kind enough to throw in a spare tube , pump and lights.

I'm planning on using the bike for trail rides and sometimes road. But mainly trail. Was wondering if I should consider going tubeless to avoid the headache of changing a tube everytime I ride. I know I'm not going to be as quick to change a tube as the guys on youtube.

Hi Shaun. I would use the existing tires with slime tubes until the tires are finished and in the meantime you could look around for specials on tubeless tires.

My LBS charge about R120 per wheel to convert to tubeless (I had the tape already) and the tires will cost R500-700 each.

Edited by Neill71

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everbody

My name is Rowan.Recently started cycling (again). I'm from Newcastle Northern KZN. Interested in MTB,Road cycling and toying with the crazy idea of doing Ironman next year.Lots to learn. Have been logging in to The Hub for a couple of weeks now so decided to make it official.

Hi All

I have been lurking here for a while but I only post stuff occasionally. But I am interested in Table Mountain National Park, Tokai in particular and specifically cycling there. So I attended the TokaiMTB AGM and I intend going to the TMNP feedback meeting regarding Tokai this week (see https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/148925-2015-tmnp-park-planning-info-session/). I am also planning on submitting some written feedback to SANParks.  So I will be making a bit more noise here and it is fair to present myself as a bit more than an online nickname.

Cycling is something I do with my wife. We both enjoy it, we always cycle together. We have completed 11 Cycle Tours and we regularly ride at Tokai. We are not fast and we are not brave, but we get around. On the mountain, we mainly stick to the jeep tracks, but occasionally venture onto single tracks. We normally do some road cycling (on mountain bikes) before the Argus each year. The closest we have got to the mountain since the fire is Boyes drive :-( We cycle regularly but we don't often have time to load the bike rack and drive to distant locations.

I also get to maintain the family fleet. Between the two of us and the kids there are 7 bikes in the garage. None of them are very exotic, but most still work. (I should get rid of the ones that don't).

Cycling is not my primary sport. I have been flying gliders for over 30 years. I have been involved with club committees for many years, I have participated in some competitions and been involved with organizing others. It is great fun and it still takes up much of my free time. My wife also has her own interests, we have a family and we both work. But we make time to go cycling twice a week.

Hi everbody

My name is Rowan.Recently started cycling (again). I'm from Newcastle Northern KZN. Interested in MTB,Road cycling and toying with the crazy idea of doing Ironman next year.Lots to learn. Have been logging in to The Hub for a couple of weeks now so decided to make it official.

Werlcome dude

Hi all. I'm Dennis from Midrand. Have temporarily given up social golf for social mb. The more I read about riding, the more I'm dreading the wife will find out I will be spending even more time away from kiddie duty then golf has! Wish me luck....or till I find my wife a bike to join me! LOL!!!

Hi all. My name is Philip and im quite new to the whole cycle game, but must say that i have been a little dissapointed sofar in what i have seen. I need a little legal advice and was hoping someone could help me here. My apprentace and good friend baught a bike under the impression that its a imported BH 29er for almost R9000. He has had it for almost a year and now the frame cracked. He doesnt ride offroad alot only mildly. When he contacted BH they checked the chasis nr and found that its a fake. The guys at the cycle shop refuses to reply or help him. Its not the first or only complaint from this specific shop. What can we do about it?????? Please help us if anyone can.

Hi all. I'm Dennis from Midrand. Have temporarily given up social golf for social mb. The more I read about riding, the more I'm dreading the wife will find out I will be spending even more time away from kiddie duty then golf has! Wish me luck....or till I find my wife a bike to join me! LOL!!!

Enjoy shopping for that second bike.

Hi all. My name is Philip and im quite new to the whole cycle game, but must say that i have been a little dissapointed sofar in what i have seen. I need a little legal advice and was hoping someone could help me here. My apprentace and good friend baught a bike under the impression that its a imported BH 29er for almost R9000. He has had it for almost a year and now the frame cracked. He doesnt ride offroad alot only mildly. When he contacted BH they checked the chasis nr and found that its a fake. The guys at the cycle shop refuses to reply or help him. Its not the first or only complaint from this specific shop. What can we do about it?????? Please help us if anyone can.

Name and shame the bike shop.

Name and shame the bike shop.

Also important to note manufacturer will not help second owner even if the bike is not a fake.

It was baught from the bike shop maun. In Botswana. He is from bots. Now he is now stuck with nothing. Its so sad as i know his cycling is his life being away from his family and all. This really sucks big time.

HI hubbers..........well if u train in heat.......just drink the tea in your bottle........i gave up on trying to keep my water cold.......42dc.......all summer.....that makes for good training ground.....northam is also stupidly hot in summer. Good luck in the argus......mabe ill fly down to do it.

When in doubt go flat out