Introduce yourself

Bianchisti

I've been lurking around for a while​ but have enjoyed my bicycles for quite a while

The last time we've met was in the dark next to the local koppie. We need to go conquer that mountain again!

I met you in the dark next to a local koppie? (northcliff I assume) I've had a few such encounters with various hubbers.... you'll need to fill in the blanks for me  :blush:

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I met you in the dark next to a local koppie? (northcliff I assume) I've had a few such encounters with various hubbers.... you'll need to fill in the blanks for me  :blush:

My Queen?

hey peeps

name is waylon adams, originally from Stellenbosch. i recently moved to retreat and im looking for a mtb club, or group of cyclist operating in the southern suburb.

regards  

Greetings 'hubbers. Only recently discovered the forums (may have heard of chatter over the years) as a result of my trolling the Classifieds.

I was a keen mountain biker in my 'varsity days but it has been many years since I touched a bike.

I'll look for the correct topic for general advice on getting back on the scene. I'm pretty keen to take part in the 2016 Gauteng events so here's hoping...

Edited by justanotherbiker

Hi all

New to the forum and am a Brit based in Dubai.  I've never been to SA but have just registered for 2016 PEPlett (Lite) so I am keen to get any information on that.  I don't have an MTB background, rather Tri and a little road so I'm keen to know how much of my training needs to be just miles and hills and how much needs to be getting my skills up as high as possible

Any help gratefully received including tyre and wheel size advice for that race.  I own a 29'er but if I absolutely NEED a new bike for the even then....

Hi all

New to the forum and am a Brit based in Dubai.  I've never been to SA but have just registered for 2016 PEPlett (Lite) so I am keen to get any information on that.  I don't have an MTB background, rather Tri and a little road so I'm keen to know how much of my training needs to be just miles and hills and how much needs to be getting my skills up as high as possible

Any help gratefully received including tyre and wheel size advice for that race.  I own a 29'er but if I absolutely NEED a new bike for the even then....

You should really start a thread for this as your intro and aspecially your questions will get lost amongst all the "Hi, my name is ***, and I've been a cyclist for the past ****" posts.

Good luck with the event! and enjoy the visit to the R of SA!

Hi all

I am new to cycling and have purchased a SB Spectra 29 inch during December.  My main reason is getting fit and as I cannot run due to a still recovering broken heel cycling seemed the logical choice for various reasons.  Started at the beach over the holidays and worked my way up to 15 kms  a day in a few days.  I have the bike, a spares kit, pump, helmet, gloves and cycling "pants"? :-) 

I need some help please with:

1.  Bike setup - seat hight, angle etc...

2. Handle bar setup/options etc...

3. Best riding shoes

4. Advice on some nice routes around Moreletapark?

5. Advice/help with getting into a sustainable routine...

Anyone close that I can hook up with that can have a look at the bike and advsie?

Any help will be much appreciated

Francois

Hi all

I am new to cycling and have purchased a SB Spectra 29 inch during December.  My main reason is getting fit and as I cannot run due to a still recovering broken heel cycling seemed the logical choice for various reasons.  Started at the beach over the holidays and worked my way up to 15 kms  a day in a few days.  I have the bike, a spares kit, pump, helmet, gloves and cycling "pants"? :-) 

I need some help please with:

1.  Bike setup - seat hight, angle etc...

2. Handle bar setup/options etc...

3. Best riding shoes

4. Advice on some nice routes around Moreletapark?

5. Advice/help with getting into a sustainable routine...

Anyone close that I can hook up with that can have a look at the bike and advsie?

Any help will be much appreciated

Francois

Francois. 

Welcome.

Have a search on FB for the PEMBI group.  Lots of rides and organising going on there.

Hi all. Grant here, into MTB, love me some single track. 

looking forward to being a part of this awesome biking community  :clap:

Good morning all,

I'm Kevin. Recently got back into the biking scene, which I'm enjoying a lot at the moment. 

I'm new to this whole forum thing, but it has helped a lot so far.

Living and riding in Pretoria. Always looking to meet up with new people for a ride.

Hi Everyone :)

I am super new to cycling - I literally haven't been on a bike since I was a kid - but I've set myself the challenge of completing Half Iron Man in June, so here I am :)

Any advice or help will be much appreciated - I'll also be searching for a group to ride with in the future, as I start with the long rides in my training program.  

Looking forward to new adventures in the cycling world! 

Hi Everyone :)

I am super new to cycling - I literally haven't been on a bike since I was a kid - but I've set myself the challenge of completing Half Iron Man in June, so here I am :)

Any advice or help will be much appreciated - I'll also be searching for a group to ride with in the future, as I start with the long rides in my training program.  

Looking forward to new adventures in the cycling world! 

Welcome,

Important things are getting the correct bike(Fit for purpose), bike setup, comfy kit, whatever you do, please do not buy compression socks. 

Most importantly, enjoy and have fun.

Next most important, strava.com :P

Welcome,

Important things are getting the correct bike(Fit for purpose), bike setup, comfy kit, whatever you do, please do not buy compression socks. 

Most importantly, enjoy and have fun.

Next most important, strava.com :P

Thanks!

I was using Endomondo for my running (also tracks cycling) but have now only been using Garmin Connect with my Vivoactive. Should I  rather use Strava for the cycling? 

Thanks!

I was using Endomondo for my running (also tracks cycling) but have now only been using Garmin Connect with my Vivoactive. Should I  rather use Strava for the cycling? 

I would create a strava account, garmin connect will sync with strava automatically with it. 

Strava gives you a much better user experience, also allows you to compare your efforts over segments and see how your training is coming along. 

You will then find out about Qom/Kom and then the fun does not stop :P