Introduce yourself

Bianchisti

Hi all - quite new to Bike Hub - anywhere I can find cyclists in my area that will join rides and training?

Hi there.. which area is that and what kind of riding are you mostly interested in?

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all,

I am new on here as I joined a few days ago upon recommendation from Rouxenator, and this weekend I picked up my very-entry level Titan Peak 29er to putt around on the local trails and hopefully get into the sport.

I used to ride often before my wheels got stolen (generic no-name 26" POS) a few years back and haven't bothered to return since. I ride a motorcycle, but I doubt it counts :P

I will be picking up some protective gear and hopefully get more into the sport as I find my feet once again.

Cheers!

Phillip

Hello all,

I am new on here as I joined a few days ago upon recommendation from Rouxenator, and this weekend I picked up my very-entry level Titan Peak 29er to putt around on the local trails and hopefully get into the sport.

I used to ride often before my wheels got stolen (generic no-name 26" POS) a few years back and haven't bothered to return since. I ride a motorcycle, but I doubt it counts [emoji14]

I will be picking up some protective gear and hopefully get more into the sport as I find my feet once again.

Cheers!

Phillip

Welcome

I bet that bastard told you to ride with flats as well ......

O wait so do I

Welcome

I bet that bastard told you to ride with flats as well ......

O wait so do I

Literally said that same thing to me in a PM on another site not even three hours ago!  :lol:

That being said, I ride my KLR650 with normal Hi-Tecs every once in a while. Old habits die hard, or so the saying goes... :P

Hi everyone

Been following the Hub for a while now. We are moving to Bloem this weekend & I would like to find out about places to ride Mtb, safety & places to avoid. So if any of the Bloem guys can share some info I would appreciate if.

Thanks

Tony

Hi all, 

I started cycling this year, I was roped into doing the 94.7 last year and managed to sustain a spinal injury in September which put me out but the few weeks of training had me enjoying the bike.

I bought a road bike and have done some races this year, so far enjoying the longer rides - look forward to wearing out the tyres this year and getting faster for longer!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey There

So at the tender age of 59 I have returned to this wonderful sport after many years absence. I used to cycle many years ago, completed 4 Cape Argus cycle tours on a mountain bike. I have just bought 2 Silverback Stride 20 mountain bikes - one for me and one for my partner. Yes yes I know it's a very basic entry level bike but for now I just want to get back into some casual cycling and enjoy nature on some nice tracks. The recent spate of attacks on cyclists are concerning but hey - I like living "dangerously" ;-)

I'm in Cape Town northern suburbs area. 

I hope to be able to add to this wonderful form and learn new things from other forum members.

Thanks guys 'n gals!

TJB

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Thought I'd sign up and introduce myself after spending quite a few hours looking for an entry level road bike on the classifieds and some of the other general websites advertsing bikes for sale.

I am a 42 year old PE boy living in Benoni for the last 16 years.

My outdoors actvity during summer has been filled with outdoor league cricket from the time I was knee high to a grasshopper.

Winters are generally taken up competitive pistol shooting.

The cricket will be taking a back seat due to my age and some minor injury niggles.

I've decided to take up cycling as a leisure and lifestyle activity.

Thanks.

Hi guys,

Thought I'd sign up and introduce myself after spending quite a few hours looking for an entry level road bike on the classifieds and some of the other general websites advertsing bikes for sale.

I am a 42 year old PE boy living in Benoni for the last 16 years.

My outdoors actvity during summer has been filled with outdoor league cricket from the time I was knee high to a grasshopper.

Winters are generally taken up competitive pistol shooting.

The cricket will be taking a back seat due to my age and some minor injury niggles.

I've decided to take up cycling as a leisure and lifestyle activity.

Thanks.

Welcome!!

Enjoy the ride

More,

New to the forum and mountain biking. 46 and plans are to get fit to do another comrades again and working my way up to a Iron man.

Now just to find a proper bike....

• 2 weeks later...

Good day, I have been mountain biking for a good couple of years. Have just recently joined BikeHub and enjoy reading some of the topics on the forum. I would also like to use the classifieds and was wondering if it is possible to create a draft advertisement and save it and then only post it once all the information is correct.  Thanks a lot.

Hi Guys,

Was referred to the bike hub by a work colleague. I'm 28 from Pretoria...I use to cycle a lot in my younger days back in school and I really enjoyed it. I'm not looking at becoming the next Chris Froome, I'm really just interested in the sport to get fit, look better, feel better and live healthier. 

I do not own a bike yet, I thought I'd join the forum and get as much insight and advice as possible before I do go out and spend some money. I'm looking at getting a road bike. I'm 1.68 m tall and i believe from the research I've done online. The right size bike would be a 52 cm??

Can anyone perhaps give me some advice when starting out? What to look out for when buying a bike etc?

Specifically looking for advice from people who wished they did certain things differently when they first started out.

Any feedback would be great! 

• 2 weeks later...

Howzit guys, a friend of mine recommended this forum when I started mountain biking in December. Today I finally decided to check it out.

I'm 28 , from Cape Town, Southern Suburbs. I ride Constantia Green Belt mostly (it's convenient), but I have ridden Elgin, Tokai, Rhodes Memorial and Devils peak too. 

I'm looking to broaden my knowledge wrt to mountain biking and hopefully make more friends to ride with as well. 

Hey guys. Taken up mountain biking a few months ago in my old age (grand master as of next year) and really, really addicted to it now. Really enjoy enjoy a combination of fast hard pack with some technical bits - jumps and some fast twists and turns. My first really serious fall is still coming...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Ahoy all.

I'm a soon-to-be mountain biker, just joined the forum. I rode MotoX and BMX bikes in high school, both of which stopped when I got my first car and my first university registration fee.

I've had a serious itch to get back into MotoX, but I don't have the money or the space for a bike and a trailer. That, combined with the fact that I'm much closer to the horrifying 30 year old / 100kg threshold than I'd like to be and need something my significant other and 2 year old can join me in has steered me toward mountain biking.

SARS is buying me my first bike in July, so looking at doing some road cycling and trials riding for exercise/fun and some dirt trails. Stay in Boksburg, so there are a bunch of options in a 50km radius.

Thanks!