[Event] Die Burger Mountain Bike Challenge

Dirtopia MTB Events

I have to say that I did not enjoy the route (42km) at all. It was nothing like the description given before the race, too much tar, no single track.... The Gansbaai funride 42km of a few weeks ago was more genuine mountain biking with even more climbing than this and better cross country and single track. Why is the 75km by invite only? I mailed to ask if I could do this distance before teh race and was told no do one of the shorter distances. Anyways lessons learnt, next time I will rather go to Eselfontein or Wellington instead.

Where did you find all this Tar as the longest bit of TAR was where you go before Hels Hoogte and down old helshoogte into the other farms....that was about 1km...and then the neutral zone also places where you need to cross the road.....I think you did the wrong route...

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that I did not enjoy the route (42km) at all. It was nothing like the description given before the race, too much tar, no single track.... The Gansbaai funride 42km of a few weeks ago was more genuine mountain biking with even more climbing than this and better cross country and single track. Why is the 75km by invite only? I mailed to ask if I could do this distance before teh race and was told no do one of the shorter distances. Anyways lessons learnt, next time I will rather go to Eselfontein or Wellington instead.

Why did you not do the 60km then

Ja, of sit n foto van Actionphoto op. Ekt n Brothers Sport hemp aangehad en n 29er Giant XTC gery. :P

Wat was jou tyd +-...

Ek kan onthou dat daar n ou op n 29er n tydjie langs my gery het, want hyt soos n reus langs my gevoel.

Pic will follow later..

I'd have enjoyed myself more if I did not hurt so much :) I really rivetted most of the day, was a bit sick and low on energy reserves so from halfway I really bled!

I saved my energy for Delvera as I know I make mistakes when I get tired. I am very glad I did!

How much was the total climb on the 75km? 2500m?

Why did you not do the 60km then

I have the same question?

Wat was jou tyd +-...

Ek kan onthou dat daar n ou op n 29er n tydjie langs my gery het, want hyt soos n reus langs my gevoel.

Pic will follow later..

Lol...n reus? haha! Na al die opgehouery en goed het ek n 2h 20min gedoen, het omtrent lank gestaan by daardie deel van Hels Hoogte en dan onder die brug na die einde toe....wat was jou tyd?

I saved my energy for Delvera as I know I make mistakes when I get tired. I am very glad I did!

How much was the total climb on the 75km? 2500m?

only around 2000m according to a mate with a polar, but it felt like twice that!

jong mense kan my nie sommer mis nie...girl with looong blong hair...and 'n pink jacket.....op 'n meridabiggrin.gif

Are you the lady who lost her pedal?

Are you the lady who lost her pedal?

ha ha haa nope ma het saal probleme gehad tot iemand my gehelp hetbiggrin.gif

only around 2000m according to a mate with a polar, but it felt like twice that!

Sure did!

What a great race (60 km route), I was also a little disappointed with the drinks tables but I guess it is just a one day event.

Distance wise and climbing absolutely killed me, my bike got really heavy later on. I underestimated how tough it would be and paid the price with sore sore legs. Managed a time of 4:27 so will look to improve on that next year.

Need to improve my fitness as well!

Loved it none the less and looking forward to the nine to five!

W.

Did you guys check...Buys won on a 26inch!!

*Take coat and run away* :lol:

no need to run - I rode on a 29er and I found the short steep climbs really taxing on my legs. I dare say that given the nature of the route, I may have been as fast on my 2"6 dual suspension as I was on my 29" hardtail.

but that's just me :blink:

Edited by mtbmom

And does anybody know about the guy lying in the bushes around 35 to 40k mark, looked like he had broken his collar bone, he did have a lot of help at hand, just curious to know if he is ok? :blush:

yes i know him, that tree log which was lying next to him, it got the better of him..it was across the path. They then moved it afterwards.

He broke his arm and wrist. A member of social Team Asrin

post-82-0-93781200-1312197484.jpg

yes i know him, that tree log which was lying next to him, it got the better of him..it was across the path. They then moved it afterwards.

He broke his arm and wrist. A member of social Team Asrin

EINA!! Sorry to hear that, hope he mends well and quickly.