Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

Did you take that Gummi.? It looks to me like a shot from the old port in Marseilles looking up to the Notre-dame de la Garde Church.? Lovely photo.

I have spent many Sundays at the Notre-Dame de la Garde mass, its a beautiful church and you can see out over almost the whole of Marseille and the surrounding Med.

Afterwards I always like to wonder around the old port, exactly where the photo was taken, and on Sundays they have a wonderful fresh fish market, the fishermen bring their boats up to the dock side and offload their mornings catch which is sold.

Behind that row of apartments on the dock side is an open square where there is always some activity and in the very corner is a steak restaurant where the owner even has South African wines on the menu, last time I had a wonderful bottle of Alto Rouge with my steak, the wine expensive by SA standards but not for the Frenchies, he says the guests love it, one of his better sellers.

His steaks are great as well, cooked right in front of you over a huge open pit with a proper wood fire, no gas cooking here, on Sundays they have a side of beef cooking over the fire and you can have as much as you like, you just go carve it off.

Marseille is a wonderful city, brings back lots of memories.

Yes GOG

I was there a few weeks back and the views from the old Port are spectacular.the food is good and met a few very nice locals that showed me around.

Marseille is now one of my Favourite cities I have visited and I'll definitely go back.

post-5455-1408780609,9177.jpg

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jozi

10644276_10152306696531179_2635829516428626562_o.jpg

Very nice Marshall. I can visulaise that in a man cave with a few LED's in specific places.

Very nice Marshall. I can visulaise that in a man cave with a few LED's in specific places.

Thanks Caad

What are you waiting for ;)

Not my photo, but given the current weather conditions i thought it would be appropriate. Plus the contrast is fantastic.

post-1372-1409343868,9032.jpg

Edited by geraldm24

Sometimes a photograph (the one of the snow above) can bring back long forgotten experiences so vividly, it is simply magic. That's why I decided to post this one. It was taken in 1987, in the Swartberg Pass, with my first SLR (a Ricoh), of my first car (a Suzuki SJ410). The quality isn't good because it was scanned from a 27 year old print, but in my mind, it made that day as crisp as it ever was. :thumbup:

post-17716-0-38541300-1409376429_thumb.jpg

Given that 15+ years ago you couldn't view your shot until developing the film, really good photos make excellent ones.

Edited by geraldm24

Wondering what your thoughts are on the nikon V1, i realise its abit outdated already had a squiz at it when it first came in around 5k.. now i can get it new for 1.8k .

Mainly looking at it for 1080 video function,odd few snaps of family ,mostly high action any thoughts appreciated :thumbup:

Also can i stepping ring a fisheye i have onto the existing 10-33 v1 lens i see it has thread ? think my fisheye is a 48 size ring (37-48 something like that have to 2x check)

Bearing in mind the 1.8k or should i just save abit more 4k for a d3100 18-55 lens ,Sd, bag bundle,.. also still mainly for the 1080 60i hd video.

:thumbup:

thnx again

Edited by SiNJiN

Wondering what your thoughts are on the nikon V1, i realise its abit outdated already had a squiz at it when it first came in around 5k.. now i can get it new for 1.8k .

Mainly looking at it for 1080 video function,odd few snaps of family ,mostly high action any thoughts appreciated :thumbup:

Also can i stepping ring a fisheye i have onto the existing 10-33 v1 lens i see it has thread ? think my fisheye is a 48 size ring (37-48 something like that have to 2x check)

Bearing in mind the 1.8k or should i just save abit more for a d3100 18-55 lens ,Sd, bag bundle,.. also still mainly for the 1080 60i hd video.

thnx again

Sorry also thinking auto focus motor wise on video action mirrorless compared to the dslr :thumbup:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81jQ3YkwafL._SL1500_.jpg

http://techsocial.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/nikon-d3100-front-and-top.jpg

Bearing in mind the 1.8k or should i just save abit more for a d3100 18-55 lens ,Sd, bag bundle,.. also still mainly for the 1080 60i hd video.

thnx again

I have played with theses Nikon V1's.

The picture quality is as good as the lens you throw on there.

I have a friend in the UK that uses Leica lenses on his with good results.

I reckon if I were you, I would have taken the SLR instead.

I have played with theses Nikon V1's.

The picture quality is as good as the lens you throw on there.

I have a friend in the UK that uses Leica lenses on his with good results.

I reckon if I were you, I would have taken the SLR instead.

Sharp dangle.. i havent bought it yet so could go the slr.

Do you perhaps know if you friend has to use this...

http://static.bhphoto.com/images/images150x150/823722.jpg

because that like 2.5k itself for lens options.

Just thinking the v1 would be aot less bulky for sk8ing with in a c mount

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/1590241586/C-Shape-font-b-DSLR-b-font-Camera-DV-Video-Stabilizer-font-b-Handle-b-font.jpg

Sharp dangle.. i havent bought it yet so could go the slr.

Do you perhaps know if you friend has to use this...

http://static.bhphoto.com/images/images150x150/823722.jpg

because that like 2.5k itself for lens options.

Just thinking the v1 would be aot less bulky for sk8ing with in a c mount

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/1590241586/C-Shape-font-b-DSLR-b-font-Camera-DV-Video-Stabilizer-font-b-Handle-b-font.jpg

Yes, he uses an adapter for Leica.