Cajees and Giant fail to please !!!

Heavy legs

and then support someone like your LBS who knows how maintain, service and repair.

I gotta find me a local bottle store that services and repairs. Damn.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I buy wherever I can get the best price.(Cajees/CWC/HotSpot)

+1.

I love Cajees and have a great relationship with the guys at the Boksburg branch - I recently bought a Giant XTC 29er there...then promptly took it home and serviced it.

I'll need CAP LOCK for this:

ATTENTION HUBBERS - DO NOY - I REPEAT - DO NOT HAVE YOUR BICYCLES SERVICES BY CAJEES. THEY ARE A BARGAIN BASEMENT SALES PORTAL FOR BICYCLES AND COULDN'T SERVICE AN ANVIL IF THEY HAD ALL THE RIGHT TOOLS.

They're like an accessable Chain Reaction Cycles - all sales no service.

If you are buying from Cajees in Roodepoort thats fine when it comes to finding the best deal. When it comes to servicing and maintaining your bike speak to Joshua "cyclists workshop" cnr william nicol and foutain roads fourways. His number is 0732617483 best bike mechanic around.

• 2 months later...

I have gone thru this whole thread and I have such sympathy for you HL. I promised myself never to buy anything from Cajees and never to support them with any word of mouth due to service and being just plain ignorant about cycling in general. They are just such a massive rip off with everything. (Eg. Shimano whR550 wheelset is exactly double than at my LBJ) Trust me you'll find anything cheaper anywhere else!

The ONLY time you go to Cajees is if your bike is stolen and you need an insurance quote because with the payout you can replace your bike from another shop and end world hunger.

I have gone thru this whole thread and I have such sympathy for you HL. I promised myself never to buy anything from Cajees and never to support them with any word of mouth due to service and being just plain ignorant about cycling in general. They are just such a massive rip off with everything. (Eg. Shimano whR550 wheelset is exactly double than at my LBJ) Trust me you'll find anything cheaper anywhere else!

The ONLY time you go to Cajees is if your bike is stolen and you need an insurance quote because with the payout you can replace your bike from another shop and end world hunger.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

And just to add: anyone looking for a good deal in Roodepoort, go to LeeWee's cycles and speak to Andrew. The guy is a legend and extremely knowledgeable and willing to give awesome advice.

Leewee's is in the Featherbrooke Mall (I think thats what its called). Off Hendrik Potgieter going towards Muldersdrift you'd turn right into Peter Place and then first right @robot, first right into the mall. Head towards the Woolies food and I'm sure you'll spot it.

Jeez when I read this back to myself I realised I sound like an attendant at the BP. Help from someone else?

I emailed a bunch of places today to get a price for the thule raceway 9003, most of them didn't have stock yet. The rest charged somewhere between R3650 and R4999. The guy at the thule fitment centre didn't know what I was talking about and Cajees Centurion came in with R3500 (without any haggling). The only place cheaper whas Hotspot at R3250 for cash purchases but they replied too late. When I got to Cajees the guy I emailed asked me what price did he tell me in the email so I told him R3500. He didn't look very happy about it. When I got home I saw on the slip that the normal price is R4650 and I got R1195 discount. If they keep doing stuff like this I'll keep buying stuff there.

Edited by Zaskar09

I had the same issue with Cajees in Fourways with my Trance X2 and its rear suspension... I have a thread with all those details.

I waited 6 weeks with *** stories and eventually got my bike back with stuff all done and plenty of scratches and grease put on my seatpost so its forever sliding down!!

BUT... Ive learnt a lot, since then. I got the helling dealing with those incompetent things at Cajees in fourways so I decided, since I live in Edenvale let me give Johnsons Cycles a call, I spoke to Kim there, told him my whole issue that I have and he said he will see what he can do for me.

Kim called me back later in the day, and said I must bring my bike in... now having not bought the bike from him he sorted the problem out within a matter of 4 days, all he charged me was a hundred bucks

I can say a BIG up to Johnsons Cycles and their service!! :clap:

I will definitely be taking my bike back there for a number of reasons:

You are greeted with a smile when you enter

They listen to you and understand you

They are willing to help, not try see what they can sell you once you're on their floorspace

Most importantly they are able to ride a bike

I may have got a good deal n all when I bought my bike but Ill rather pay that bit extra at a place like Johnsons and know I have the backup and guys that will sort issues out first time round with NO BS STORIES!

I bought myThule ProRides from Cajees in Woodmead.

Cheaper than Thule across the road. :clap: