Moderators

Overlord

Why do we have to put up with moderators that just pop up on a whim with warnings on a subject? Everytime you want to reply or make a statement you have to wonder whether big brother is going to rap you over the knuckles.

We all are grown ups around here each with his or her opinion regarding a topic on the hub.

Certain moderators need to get of their high horses and allow a topic to run its course.

Should things get out of hand then and only then should the moderator intervene with supporting reasoning.

This is a public forum and not some secretive club where you need to be sure you are not leaking state secrets.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminds me of the song by Warren G with the following lyrics.

Regulators

We regulate any stealing of his property

And we damn good too

But you can't beat any geek off the street,

Gotta be handy with the steel

If you know what I mean, earn your keep

Regulators! Mount up!

Actually that does'nt make any sense. Maybe it was because regulators rhymes with moderators

I reckon it is a tough job. Enforcing your view of what is appropriate and what is not and trying to combine that with forum rules. I sure as well do not want to do it. I had a couple of posts deleted. Some justifiably so, others a bit bizarre. I reckon consistency is the key here.

Good luck to them though.

Edited by Ricky Bobby

Why do we have to put up with moderators that just pop up on a whim with warnings on a subject? Everytime you want to reply or make a statement you have to wonder whether big brother is going to rap you over the knuckles.

We all are grown ups around here each with his or her opinion regarding a topic on the hub.

Certain moderators need to get of their high horses and allow a topic to run its course.

Should things get out of hand then and only then should the moderator intervene with supporting reasoning.

This is a public forum and not some secretive club where you need to be sure you are not leaking state secrets.

Se hulle mater.........

Freedom of speech is not absolute, not on the Hub, not in real life!

If you have a specific gripe with how moderation (which I also dislike, but accept as a necessary evil) happened, state the facts and let's argue the specifics. Talking about it in general is going to get us nowhere.

Gee, only now saw how heavyweight the topic is, posters with anything from 2000 to 10000 posts notched up, maybe we should leave this to the big boys? (Tongue firmly in cheek.)

Freedom of speech is not absolute, not on the Hub, not in real life!

If you have a specific gripe with how moderation (which I also dislike, but accept as a necessary evil) happened, state the facts and let's argue the specifics. Talking about it in general is going to get us nowhere.

I made a statement. No names was used and no single moderator was implicated in my statement.

This statement is based on how I feel regarding this matter.

My son is constantly browsing the classifieds to upgrade his bike he is far from grown up :D

My son is constantly browsing the classifieds to upgrade his bike he is far from grown up :D

Hmmm... when I look at some of the comments on The Hub, he might be more grown up than most of us! Anyway, all true mtbikers are actually still kids, regardless of age. We just wanna play! :D

Hmmm... when I look at some of the comments on The Hub, he might be more grown up than most of us! Anyway, all true mtbikers are actually still kids, regardless of age. We just wanna play! :D

:D :D :D he may not comment on the hub, someone needs to keep the family flag flying and his spelling is worse than mine :D

and maybe you should be doing a bit of parenting, huh, instead of having others do it for you.

and maybe you should be doing a bit of parenting, huh, instead of having others do it for you.

Sure deanbean, I take it you have kids, on my watch he may not browse the net without supervision.

I have all the parental controls my service provider supplies, cell and internet.

Whats stopping him at your home if his mates with your son.

Thats why we spend time on our mtb bikes, huh, do alot more parenting then most :thumbup:

Only Mod I have an issue with right now is RodTi who STILL hasn't posted a proper pic of his SS!

[ :blush: I've just put myself in the corner about this one...

Sun's out this weekend - will make a plan]

Edited by RodTi