Moderators

Overlord

I believe that since appointing the moderation team the quality of discussion and general vibe on The Hub has greatly improved.

Absolutely.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From What I have seen, there seems to be one or two unjustified mods but on the whole they are doing a good job. As stated before, moderation is necessary to "keep the peace" but it needs to be justified.

If this offends then feel free to mod away!

post-17843-0-19603800-1307689650.jpg

PWoAAAR - quite??

(It might be the FLESH thing.)

Weedmod is 'Covert Agent'

But keep the redheads coming!

Dangle's post wins to date.

:unsure: :(

no mention - beers withdrawn :eek: :whistling:

wait, I can make that post disappear

when there was no moderation everyone was crying where are the moderators now you getting a rap on the knuckles all of a sudden moderators are the hubs worst enemy?

cmon if your statements are made in good spirit and according the rules of the hub you wont get whaked by moderation.

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you!

I think the quality of robust debate has improved here since the advent of the visible moderator - any discussion will improve when the poster thinks "is this acceptable" before hitting the Add Reply button.

To be fair - you do have to be a bit of a jerk to be moderated/warned.

Nothing wrong with moderation, it may not be perfect all of the time, but what is?

If there are mod oversights it's how it gets dealt with, not a reason to ditch moderators.

On that note though, I'd love to know what happened to the Albertina Sisulu thread? ;)

I first joined the Hub many years ago on a different name but it was useless and everyone went off topic after the 3rd post. I stopped visiting. Then I joined again later when it was more moderated and it was actually possible to ask questions and get answers without having to go through 5 pages of okes fooling around. Moderators are necessary.

In all fairness, nobody likes to be modded and as Eldron said, you have to have been a real tjop to have been modded in the first place. The real question is, if asked, would you take on the responsibility? I know I wouldn't...

All moderation in moderation

But agreed, moderation always welcome to maintain modulation

To mod, or not to mod. That be thy question.

I only have one problem...uhm, let me rather call it a concern, with mods:

Sometimes I feel that they impose their own value system and believes on a topic. And you have to abide by it. Period. (Not always, but sometimes)

Gee, only now saw how heavyweight the topic is, posters with anything from 2000 to 10000 posts notched up, maybe we should leave this to the big boys? (Tongue firmly in cheek.)

Do you equate Post Count to "knowledgeable" ?

To mod, or not to mod. That be thy question.

I only have one problem...uhm, let me rather call it a concern, with mods:

Sometimes I feel that they impose their own value system and believes on a topic. And you have to abide by it. Period. (Not always, but sometimes)

Hey MJ! When it happens - hit that Report button!

It will come up in the dark recesses of the Mod underground bunker, and we'll have a full-on fight about it.

Eventually, after several rounds of throwing cats at each other - there will be only one standing (as an aside - don't EVER allow any cats near Admin, he has a ridiculously underestimated back-hand), and the appropriate response will be forthcoming to remedy that off-kilter imposition of values....

We try and apply the rules of the Forum consistently. It's bound to go wrong at times (since we too are Hubbers :rolleyes: ), and it's up to you all to make us aware of it!

A. Mods should post a reason for a moderation, or at least pm the person being moderated with an explanation.

B. The forum is big enough now to have a "Dispute Resolution Centre" - ping Admin?

A big up for this comment. :thumbup: