mad bout mtb

Finally completed!

1) Santa Cruz Nomad 2

2) Saint hubs and 200mm rotors front and back

3) ZTR flow and MTX29 rims – powder coated white with blue nipples

4) Juicy 7 brakes

5) CB Joplin R seatpost

6) Maxxis High rollers 2.35s

7) Fox 36 Vanilla RC2 (Custom painted to black)

8) XT crank 180mm

9) SRAM X9 shifters and derailers

10) CB Mallet peddals

post-4575-0-60496500-1309157990.jpg

post-4575-0-33344900-1309158003.jpg

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally completed!

1) Santa Cruz Nomad 2

2) Saint hubs and 200mm rotors front and back

3) ZTR flow and MTX29 rims – powder coated white with blue nipples

4) Juicy 7 brakes

5) CB Joplin R seatpost

6) Maxxis High rollers 2.35s

7) Fox 36 Vanilla RC2 (Custom painted to black)

8) XT crank 180mm

9) SRAM X9 shifters and derailers

10) CB Mallet peddals

Love the baby blue colour boet. :thumbup: Enjoy the ride.

Banna & PB - awesome rides there!

Thx Mayhem. The only reason why we're posting our bikes here, is to convince you to dump your hardtail and start saving up for a AM/DH rig. ;) Or has there been developments recently that I don't know about?

Thx Mayhem. The only reason why we're posting our bikes here, is to convince you to dump your hardtail and start saving up for a AM/DH rig. ;) Or has there been developments recently that I don't know about?

What, like a divorce and sudden influx of business that I earn millions off of?

No to the former, and not yet to the latter.

Thus. Bike is still 100mm REBA shod dirt thumper.

Getting ready to ride it now, before a long, late night of work...

What, like a divorce and sudden influx of business that I earn millions off of?

No to the former, and not yet to the latter.

Thus. Bike is still 100mm REBA shod dirt thumper.

Getting ready to ride it now, before a long, late night of work...

Enjoy it brother. Looks nice and sunny outside. Gonna have to wait till the weekend before my steed sees me again...why can't weekends be 5 days long and the work week 2 days? Just makes so much more sense?

Building one of these puppies at the moment:

XTR Kit, but using I9 wheels laced to Flow rims instead of the Enve [although they are vert very :drool: ]

http://www.turnerbikes.com/011/bg/bike_spot_raw_bg.jpg

Yes and no... yes, its in production, but not its not going to be on the shelves for some time. The guys are currently tooling up for the production: making the jigs for the CNC machining, the moulds for the tubes and a few others odds and ends. Word is September, just in time for some late season Whistler shredding...

Yes and no... yes, its in production, but not its not going to be on the shelves for some time. The guys are currently tooling up for the production: making the jigs for the CNC machining, the moulds for the tubes and a few others odds and ends. Word is September, just in time for some late season Whistler shredding...

Is it a replacement for the Shova?

The plan is to launch two models: 150mm and 170mm travel. The Shova and Mbuzi have been dropped from the line-up for 2011 [a little pre-mature]. But yes, for the moment the Sukuma will replace/ supersede these two models. I would expect that should there still be enough interest in the Shova and Mbuzi it may be possible to see these two refreshed and replaced much like the Izimu and Makulu [one being a performance version and the other a value version] but this is not currently the thought.

Bring back the Shova!!!! Give it a taper head tube, chainguide mounts, a 1degree slacker head angle and 150mm of travel! And a DHX 5 Air with bottom out threshold - cause we all know how much the bike loves to fly!

Well my one does...

And keep the box section, cnc mill'ed look - its an icon!

Building one of these puppies at the moment:

XTR Kit, but using I9 wheels laced to Flow rims instead of the Enve [although they are vert very :drool: ]

http://www.turnerbikes.com/011/bg/bike_spot_raw_bg.jpg

Should I post my delivery ad here or do you still have it?wink.gif

Bring back the Shova!!!! Give it a taper head tube, chainguide mounts, a 1degree slacker head angle and 150mm of travel! And a DHX 5 Air with bottom out threshold - cause we all know how much the bike loves to fly!

Well my one does...

And keep the box section, cnc mill'ed look - its an icon!

Sure. I'm a big fan myself, but Morewood has to future proof itself and I'm sure they have dreams to sell more bikes and build the proudly South African brand.

I'd say let's ride the Sukuma first before we make up our minds. I'm pretty sure we'll see a couple of Shova's on here before too long...