Post your All Mountain bikes

mad bout mtb

Damm looks good! Do Giant bring the Reign in again? Pitty the reign doesn't come out with a 36?

Hey PB. I had to order it special, but Dragons were very helpful, and it only took about a month.

If you want a 36 fork, then the Reign X is the way to go. I do all my rougher riding on the RX as it is running coil front and rear, and is just a bit burlier. The only mod on it is the Easton Haven Bar for a little more width.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Nigel, any idea what the most common dropper seat post was at the World cup? I believe a lot of guys were using them for the N3 pedally section.

hey dude - yeah most of them were running Rock Shox Reverb's (cus most of the guys running them are on the SRAM/Blackbox programme)

Hey Nigel, any idea what the most common dropper seat post was at the World cup? I believe a lot of guys were using them for the N3 pedally section.

I'm not sure what the most common is, but 2 of the 3 Giant riders (Riffle and Needles)had Rock Shox Reverbs on at PMB. After seeing Hart's Fort Bill runs... maybe his style is too 'cowboy' to ride a dropper seat post :lol:

post-10758-0-12265800-1309243070.jpg

hey dude - yeah most of them were running Rock Shox Reverb's (cus most of the guys running them are on the SRAM/Blackbox programme)

Thanks for the info. I definitely have to upgrade my Joplin 3...

Here is my secret weapon...

6 inches, Joplin 4 dropper, and under 13kgs!!!

post-4091-0-48389000-1309240955.jpg

Jeesh, 13kg is light. My Tracer is just under 14kg, and that's without a drop seat post.

Thanks for the info. I definitely have to upgrade my Joplin 3...

yeah, I reckon the Reverb or the KS i950-R are the way to go

I'm not sure what the most common is, but 2 of the 3 Giant riders (Riffle and Needles)had Rock Shox Reverbs on at PMB. After seeing Hart's Fort Bill runs... maybe his style is too 'cowboy' to ride a dropper seat post :lol:

post-10758-0-12265800-1309243070.jpg

Look at the way the bikes are hanging from the seat in that picture. If you grab my seat once the seat has been dropped, mine comes straight up! Anybody have any idea if the KS does the same (Stay put if you pull on it once it is down)?

Look at the way the bikes are hanging from the seat in that picture. If you grab my seat once the seat has been dropped, mine comes straight up! Anybody have any idea if the KS does the same (Stay put if you pull on it once it is down)?

I don't think so... I've only heard good things about the KS. Maybe Leet22 can help us out?! ...as far as I can remember he has a KS

Edited by patches

Yip it does stay down :)

Just pushed it all the way down and lifted the bike off the floor with it

Edited by leet22

Stays down.

Awesome! I'm wanting to put a dropper on one of my bikes. Haven't decided between the Reverb or the KS i950-R yet. CWC sells the Reverb for a decent price (R2150, but out of stock at the moment). I'll have to phone International Trading (the local KS agents)to find out what the KS goes for.

Awesome! I'm wanting to put a dropper on one of my bikes. Haven't decided between the Reverb or the KS i950-R yet. CWC sells the Reverb for a decent price (R2150, but out of stock at the moment). I'll have to phone International Trading (the local KS agents)to find out what the KS goes for.

Just make sure you get a Reverb with the upgraded hoses and fittings. RS had some isues with some of the first shipment posts due to hoses. I'm running the 2012 and all isues have been solved. Guys on 2011 can get WARRANTY replacement kit FOC if they experience any issues. If CWC'S OOS then you might get the 2012 in any case.

Full retail on KS should be:

i950 with Remote: R2600

i900 with Remote: R2200

go for the reverb

I saw the Reverb on CRC for R2380 odd so that is a great price! Last time I spoke to International Trading I was quoted R2150. If it comes down to the two being the same price, it could ba a difficult decision...

I saw the Reverb on CRC for R2380 odd so that is a great price! Last time I spoke to International Trading I was quoted R2150. If it comes down to the two being the same price, it could ba a difficult decision...

yeah, seems like this item is gonna be a local buy. CRC is pricier and then VAT still needs to be added.

But like you say... if it comes down to the 2 being the same price... tough call. They both have great reviews. I like how the KS's remote integrates with one's lock on grips to keep it out the way. But Rock Shox is Rock Shox...