Post your All Mountain bikes

mad bout mtb

Added the chainguide and converted to a 1x10

Final configuration bar an adjustable seatpost.

Still need to service the fork this week as its squeaking like hell.

post-858-0-40872100-1328366598.jpg

post-858-0-91338900-1328366635.jpg

Very cool bike!!!

Makes me wonder if I should not maybe upgrade my current 140mm ride to a 160mm :cursing:

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice bike!what front forks are you using,and what travel?the reason I am asking as I am changing mine,and need advice on what to use, in the 160 to 170 travel range.

Just bought a Reverb for the bike.

nice! :thumbup:

I don't know if it affects its function, but I run mine with the remote on the opposite side and up-side-down. That way it is less likely to get smashed during a bail... and I can turn the bike upside down to get the wheels off, without having to worry about it

here's my new AM machine. Ok, so it's not complete yet, but the parts should arrive early next week. I can't wait!

post-10758-0-83531800-1326421359.jpg

SWEET Ride Patches!

nice! :thumbup:

I don't know if it affects its function, but I run mine with the remote on the opposite side and up-side-down. That way it is less likely to get smashed during a bail... and I can turn the bike upside down to get the wheels off, without having to worry about it

Because I'm running a 1x10, my left hand is virtually redundant, so I bought a right-hand mount and did exactly the same, mounted it underneath the bars on the left hand side. Worked a real treat at Rietvlei yesterday.

Edited by Thug

I see there's a 2007 Rocky Mountain Slayer 30 for sale elsewhere on the hub :ph34r:

My LBS has just started stocking Rocky Mountain, apparently they don't sell easily though :eek:

Just recently got a Scott Ransom 20 , full carbon downhill bike , its got front 115-160mm adjustable suspension , and rear suspension with 165mm travel , its truly amazing but then again for that price why wouldnt it be , just getting into the downhill scene so please let me know of any good training places .

Just recently got a Scott Ransom 20 , full carbon downhill bike , its got front 115-160mm adjustable suspension , and rear suspension with 165mm travel , its truly amazing but then again for that price why wouldnt it be , just getting into the downhill scene so please let me know of any good training places .

Post pics.

Because I'm running a 1x10, my left hand is virtually redundant, so I bought a right-hand mount and did exactly the same, mounted it underneath the bars on the left hand side. Worked a real treat at Rietvlei yesterday.

Awesome! I saw some friends on the spruit yesterday and they also mount theirs underneath. It seems to be a way better method. Keeps it compact.

That's a sweet bike! congrats! As for training places, where are you based? GP, CT, KZN? Just beware though... if the DH bug bites you may see yourself forking out way more cash to get a dedicated DH rig ;) haha!

I cracked mine (morewood izimu) in December, Got a Cannondale Moto 1 Carbon as a replacement thinking I won't need 200mm travel again, 160 is fine... 1st weekend on the brand new bike I went to one of the local DH courses. Rode the stuff I was used to on the morewood. Wasn't quite the same so bought another morewood the next day :lol:

I must say though, I've taken my cannondale to a couple of the jump lines that I usually use either my DH bike or my 4X bike on, and I was mucho impressed by the capabilities of the 160mm carbon steed!

So happy trails dude ;)

I see there's a 2007 Rocky Mountain Slayer 30 for sale elsewhere on the hub :ph34r:

My LBS has just started stocking Rocky Mountain, apparently they don't sell easily though :eek:

Hmm - is that because of pricing? There was a bunch of new Rocky's on display at the Contermanskloof DH this past weekend and also at least 2 guys racing on Flatlines.

Pics or it doesn't exist ;)

Does this qualify?? Only 130mm travel more like a trail bike

Not really but nice bike nonetheless :)