Which Computer / Where

awesme

how do you mount your phone on your handle bar??

what if it rains or muddy mtb?

pretty useless if the phone is in you back pocket, just as good as riding without a computer!

Bottle cage mount on the handlebar/stem....... I screw a semi hard silicone cellphone cover to the bottle cage mount. Its pretty stable, and kinda waterproof/splashproof

i've experimented with a few mounting scenarios......... this one is the best thus far. For further waterproofing for rainy/muddy conditions, a full skin transparent phone cover can be used (a phone condom..... if you like)

Bottle cage mount = R60-R70

Phone cover = R25

Edited by akneethling

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean you have not yet mastered the skill of posting on the hub with one hand while riding, especially when there are biatch fights going on? ... shame on you! :P

No no no. I can, I just don't ;)

You won't save money buying in the UK, they charge you 17.5% VAT

Complete and utter BS.

Doesn't matter that they charge 20% VAT, and shipping, the base price is still so low, you wall out, no, wait, you sit at home, a winner.

Edited by TNT1

Agree,

Base + VAT + Shipping + Customs and it is still cheaper than locally.

Ordered placed for Garmin, now the wait.

G

Complete and utter BS.

Doesn't matter that they charge 20% VAT, and shipping, the base price is still so low, you wall out, no, wait, you sit at home, a winner.

• 1 year later...

I would like to purchase a new computer and wanted opinions. The Mobii seems really good. Is it better than the rest I've listed in terms of functionality, after sales support and quality?

Ahh found it, Chain Reaction Cycles.

G

Most hubbers but from easygis.co.za

They usually have the best price, are local, and reliable fast delivery!

Wow, not this again? Search the forums.....

Get a Garmin edge 500, best features, battery, rugged and awesome support by Garmin SA.

+1000

Agree,

Base + VAT + Shipping + Customs and it is still cheaper than locally.

Ordered placed for Garmin, now the wait.

G

What did you end up paying if you don't mind me asking?

What did you end up paying if you don't mind me asking?

Dunno about this case, but the last cheapie I bought from CRC, cost me R457 including customs. The best I could do locally was via CWC Online, and they could only do R800.

Exactly my point.

I recall from a video on some "chain" store that they have over 900 000 different cycling related items listed in their warehouse, where easygis have like 5 cycling related items.

I recall from a video on some "chain" store that they have over 900 000 different cycling related items listed in their warehouse, where easygis have like 5 cycling related items.

Bwah ha, I should not laugh at that, as I bought from them as well, great service if you ask me. Easybike/ Easygis has a pretty decent selection and they are one and the same.