Tokai: New DH trail

(Deon)

i might be riding in the morning and guys from morzine dont think they will like it needs to me dh1 with extra boost guys sunday take a trip to contermans and take a trip down the track see you peeps tmw moring 8 ish

Ok, here is my suggestion. Get a group of guys who are as keen as you. Get on Google earth and look around the greater Cape Town area, spotting well elevated areas, tree cover optional. Then, when you have found a suitable spot, not too far from home, find out who the land belongs to. Approach them with the idea of progressing your sport and get their backing to build the type of track you are looking for... it will not happen on World heritage soil in a National Park.

Your last comment is based on your opinion that others will not like it. Thanks for that.. it is not even finished.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i like it but is need more stuff and what other people are saying sounds like its kinda going stay the same the coners are fun but what i red earlyer seemed that you going use the land and on that track there in not alot of rocks for a rock garden

its going to me a fun smooth fast track yes witch i like but we need to try get somthing thats harder

and when you say that its so every one can do it its for bigginers weres the dh thats for the beter riders ?

because this seems like tokai is manly ment for xc riders and bigginers from what i have been reeding

If you want more people to get into dh then the fast smooth flowing track is perfect. The kind of track that leaves you laughing all the way down. Thats the best fun ever. Fast flowing corners , jumps that you can whip or lay flat, maybe a few pump /manual bumps etc. Rock gardens are good on a race track. Separate the men from the kids. But i also know that only two events a year can happen in tokai and at the moment thats the cape epic and the mast race

why does no one under stand me is this hole thing xc riders exeped cap and me ? if

Ag geez, why do you not understand sustainability? If you want straight down the hill, go and get permission. I'll build it personally.

yes but when toughs people get good are they expexted to go drive for and houre to a dh track ?

i like it but is need more stuff and what other people are saying sounds like its kinda going stay the same the coners are fun but what i red earlyer seemed that you going use the land and on that track there in not alot of rocks for a rock garden

You want me to build a rock garden next to a rock garden? Do you get it? The track is a divert for a super gnarly section that we struggled to keep open! But you only understand what you see.. and if you don't see it you throw up your arms??!! I'm going home!

its going to me a fun smooth fast track yes witch i like but we need to try get somthing thats harder

U not going to get a pure DH track on SAN PARKS there is to much risk with guys riding and getting hurt. Even though a indemnity is signed it will be bad for them if someone got seriously hurt etc.

i hear you leat22 and yes thats why i helped you build a track for 3 houres and i didint walk away i wanted to build more :/