Tokai: New DH trail

(Deon)

lol GK: you sure came pumped up tonight :P

Tokai is practically outside your room door, but unfortunately, you cant always bake your cake and eat it. Contermans is developing nicely, and it's gnar enough for most of us. So next shuttle day, pony up with some friends and go thrash the crap outta your bike over there. If you up for some easier fun, come to Tokai. As Jimmy hardtail pointed out: at the right speed, tokai has more to offer than meets the eye :)

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what ever il help you guys i just want somthing were i can get beter and im shore all the other dh riders that live near tokai want it to but seeing thats never going to happen screw it il help

i ride tokai because it the closest track to me and fun but lacking in the hard parts that make you good

btw: that promo clip of the WC DH champs held at Contermans earlier this year, IMHO, ranks as one of hte best DH vids out there. I'm surprised it didnt make VOD on PB. Sure, the lighting was a bit of a plus and minus as the camera tended to darken up in places,but my word, the angles, the pace, the choice of tune.. f'ing rocking vid! mad props to the rider and camera man.

i ride tokai because it the closest track to me and fun but lacking in the hard parts that make you good

No one track will ever be everything a DH track has to offer, so think about the variety we have: paarl, jonkers, eden (ahem), contermans and tokai. Each offers something different. So travel around, besides, roadtrips are awesome iwth the right mates.. :thumbup:

Thats the problem being 15. All the time to ride. No transport . But there is a lot of dh in tokai. You just have to be creative. The switchbacks at speed are good. Level 5 of the snake trails is one long rock garden. Not very steep but a very good test of keeping momentum and quick line choice. Good dh practice. Or just for fun try set a land speed record down the jeep track. Thats what the early tracks were like. Wide open but SUPER fast.

LOL! It's like a frikkin ping pong game right here!

Si - keep it real, man. The fact that there's even 20m of NEW DH track in Tokai is an awesome milestone. Heck, it's not even finished yet - how can you judge it? Are your oracles that talented?

Seriaaaasly. Take a chill pill. Pop a couple of corners. Try a new line. Tke the inside line on an off camber right hander, just to see how far you can push it. Push the countersteer even further. THAT's the way to take the GNAR to the GNARRRRRR! Do a tailwhip over the road-gap if it's so boring to ya. Or try to be superman.

Just realise that we're all in this together. Even me with my XC machine going down the current gnar section on the track.

And I hope you enjoyed your bath - it's bedtime now!

ya i know the swich backs went down it years ago and want to do it again size i am a kuk conerer and i get so and dctplol i went to wach tv i gave up there was to much likera ;) just jokes

a super man im not the next greg saharin in that way last time somone dried that on a dh track (greg) he ate big **** but ya iv seen pics of smitty doing one on a fr jump no thanks il just do a wip :)

ya and just do not do that double start of new dh scection with that rock pointing out because if you case its going to heart and leave a mark lol so whos riding tomorrow me cap shaun and ??????