Tokai: New DH trail

(Deon)

you guys can work each other into a frothy frenzy.. :P i'm just happy to be able to contribute some sweat and cusswords.. exciting times indeed :thumbup:

Can bring some cold monster if anyone interested?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh PnS: any chance we can paint/spray some rock edges that could result in pinchflats/taco'd rims? we could use bright green?? :P

you guys can work each other into a frothy frenzy.. :P i'm just happy to be able to contribute some sweat and cusswords.. exciting times indeed :thumbup:

Can bring some cold monster if anyone interested?

bring it on. It'll only exacerbate the mayhem, and bring on more pain for the rest of them!

Just say when and i will be there to dig away. Sounds awesome. That section was getting a bit tricky on the old hardtail. Or am i just getting old. . .

Just say when and i will be there to dig away. Sounds awesome. That section was getting a bit tricky on the old hardtail. Or am i just getting old. . .

No Jimmy No, we just become more "experienced". Man, I know where this new trail is and I would love to see an "experienced" guy do it on a single speed hardtail to show the youngsters something they can't even imagine. I haven't got a hardtail and I'm too chicken, so it's up to you.

extra mayhem? which causes more: green or blue?

depends on the shades concerned. A combo of baby blue and lumo green would send me into a frothing frenzy... ;)

Dude... all I can say is: Woweeeeee!

Just come back from my study-break in Tokai, and saw the new trail. Looks AWESOME! That first kicker - when I get big, I wanna jump that! At first, I think i'll roll it.

But bro, it looks SUPER sweet. Helluva good work there, and I can't wait to help finish it up!

And Jimmy, I know what you mean about "that section" becoming a little tricky on the Hardtail. Just did it now on mine. But one of the best times I've even had - also the first time I didn't dab the foot down!

Well done to all involved with the building/maintenance of YOUR DH trails in Tokai.

Pain or Shyne & CptMayhem: You guys ripped me the other day about trail maintenance, etc, etc!

But the only kind of trail maintenance you guys talk about is YOUR 600m DH route.

Fairy garden was just done so it doesnt look like the DH route is the only one getting attention!

Now: All you guys are doing is maintenance for DH trails!!!! (As these need constant work!) As most of the users posting here are 90% DH riders.

Pain or Shyne: Mach 7-7 asked you the question as to when the meetings are taking place and with whom?(SANparks?) This has not been answered!

Are other cyclists requests being raised at these meetings??

yeah, we DHers, looking after DH lines. go figure...

maybe swing a spade or a hoe, instead of your tongue, then we could do more. (not like that new XC trail got made by XCers...:rolleyes: )

yeah, we DHers, looking after DH lines. go figure...

maybe swing a spade or a hoe, instead of your tongue, then we could do more. (not like that new XC trail got made by XCers...:rolleyes: )

Big man!! Where were you when you wanted my IDT???????????????????????????

Who was swinging their tongue then?

Whatever man, go play on your little DH trails!

What new XC trail? Nothing new when you go higher than the main hill!

Edited by david16v

Holy moly Hmmm they not just working on DH tracks and even if they were they are volunteers they do it for free. If u want to see the other tracks get maintained more GET INVOLVED.

All u do is moan at everything.

If that was supposed to prove a point, you failed miserably, little man. IDT and trail building got zilch to do with each other. i was at one of the recent builds. Care to raise or fold? Pitch up or shut up :rolleyes:

David, David David. When will you learn to start putting something in instead of mouthing useless rhetoric?

The point is that the XC / bi directional singletrack HAS been worked on. BEFORE any of the "new DH" routes. And yes, the DH routes need maintenance as well. Fancy that!

If you want a list of what has been done, then fine.

Faerie Garden (maintenance, no changes)

Bottom end of Vasbyt (maintenance AND changes)

Divert on Vasbyt, before it becomes DH only (maintenance and re-routing)

And YES, these are all BI DIRECTIONAL trails. Therefore, XC.

What has been done on the DH runs then?

Top end of Vasbyt - DH only (smoothing of berm, and cutting of water channels to prevent erosion - also done on XC routes)

New DH trail (this is a divert, or new option. Yet to be open)

So - work and changes on 3 sections of XC track, and only 2 DH tracks.

Where is your argument now!?

Yes, there will be things done to Rinkhals, Mamba, Snake Eyes etc. When clay arrives, for one. When the time comes, for another.

Get off your frikkin high horse, and start paying attention to what is being done, and why. Its for the good of all.

Even you!