Tokai: New DH trail

(Deon)

and add in smaller jumps parts leading off trail for people that wana lurn to jump ect maby i dna so people done feel left out if its to hard ?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm confused: whose more mature about this: david or glorykid..:P

anyway, nuff jibing. I did promise to not feel the troll..

Nice 'tude simon :thumbup:. While i'm sure you keen on some hardcore gnar, I think that sustainbility (and ease of construction) will dictate we use the natural terrain to best advantage for riding and the forest alike. Pitch on the day (which I hope is soon as i might have a day or two off during this coming week), then we can see what we as the trailgnomes can conjure up.

Edited by Capricorn

ya i under stand and every thing but like dh is gna go know were if i have to ride same old dh track 2 times a week same for others and we need somthing like dh 1 but harder longer and bigger jumps as in 10 to 15m

wich is why you are finding people building secret tracks cuz dh track geting boaring and other tracks like houre drive

If you build it, they will come. And ride without saying thank you . Build days on a saturday afternoon? I have a hectic work schedule the week. And glorykid , while i see your point about gnar tracks, the more people that can ride what is built, the more support there will be. And less forum bitching.

Jeepers - it used to be the roadies who took the aggro pills here on the hub - has there been a DH-themed thread in recent weeks that hasn't descended (oops) into i'm-gonna-smack-you-wif-my-full-face-helmet-bro???

ya i under stand and every thing but like dh is gna go know were if i have to ride same old dh track 2 times a week same for others and we need somthing like dh 1 but harder longer and bigger jumps as in 10 to 15m

'Kid, would love to help you develop your riding style here in Tokai, but chill on the gnarl just a bit there bud.

This very same factor presented itself on the day of the planning, someone suggested to build such hectic stuff so Tokai could become the next National course... My response to that was " so that the (already) minority will become even smaller? I don't think so" What you say is a bad landing on the first jump is a HUGE improvement over what was originally planned. It was dubbed the "Death gap" and you only had ONE chance of getting it right... You think someone is scared now??

Until you can absolutely pin it from top to bottom flat out with zero mistakes then the track should still offer you something. And the secret tracks in tokai are way tame compared to the actual dh track.

ok and FYI the ruts not from us from the rain no our folt they make drainage into our tracks

I have a suggestion for you, but first, how long have you been riding?

no the landing has got a rock sticking out of it ???

Ha ha, you saw that.. that is the death in death gap.

18 years.

Thanks Jimmy, Q was actually directed at Glorykid, but seems you still got plenty left in them old bones!!