Hydration

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's a choice between the 2, then energade.

Otherwise Hammer's products are always good.

plain water, or more lately, 50/50 with apple juice. Liking the High5 Zero stuff, mostly cos it makes the water taste better ;) that said, sleep time for me, blocked head and all.. meh :wacko:

Edited by Capricorn

plain water, or more lately, 50/50 with apple juice. Liking the High5 Zero stuff, mostly cos it makes the water taste better ;) that said, sleep time for me, blocked head and all.. meh :wacko:

Cytogen.... but I like the apple juice and water combo, gonna give it a try this weekend ;) tx

Guest agteros

Game or energade? What do you put in your water bottle?

Energade is too sweet lately. I like Game :) This has nothing to do with electrolytes, carb to protein ration, carb/sugar density but ALL with taste.... I hate plain water ;)

Oh... when I run, a few sips of water here and there, and then some black ambulances at most water points! THOSE work like a charm!

Energade is too sweet lately. I like Game :) This has nothing to do with electrolytes, carb to protein ration, carb/sugar density but ALL with taste.... I hate plain water ;)

Oh... when I run, a few sips of water here and there, and then some black ambulances at most water points! THOSE work like a charm!

When it's too sweet, is it a self mix of straight out of the bottle?

Anything that works for you.

Im on 32GI for longer rides thats 3hrs+

And water or any cheap energy drink for anything shorter.Kan selfs Oros drink!

Guest agteros

When it's too sweet, is it a self mix of straight out of the bottle?

Self mix (according to instructions), which is definitely sweeter than ready-made (which is quite a bit more expensive)

Game or energade? What do you put in your water bottle?

I think that Energade is overrrated and too sweet.

It also depends on your training session. I think that if Game was good enough for 10000's of Comrades Marathon runners for years, its good enough for my morning and weekend training rides, road or MTB. The tin you buy from Pick and Pay is great value for money, and it does the job without having to pay through my nose for the fancy stuff. The fancy stuff I use for racing is FiT Carbo Supreme. I've even found that the green Game mixed with the red Game ends up with a bleddy nice flavour :P.