Vuelta a Espana 2012: 18 August - 09 September

'Dale

“I don’t go for the GC (gen er al clas si fi ca­tion) in the Vuelta Espana, the back is bet ter, but not 100 per cent, and the con­di tion to win a grand tour isn’t good enough,” Kloden on Twitter, not 100% since the crashes in the TdF.

If I'm not mistaken Haimar Zubaldia and Jani Brajkovic will be the team leaders. In typical Radioshack fashion they can't decide on a leader...

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There were some mumblings last week after the news that Thor wouldn't be going came out.

Apparently, Thor is moving to BMC and is left high and dry as Garmin-Cervelo will not use him now (or something to that effect).

The challenge is that is the World Champ and it is strongly encouraged that the World Champ be exposed as much as possible, in the spirit of cycling.

Hmm...

Remember to set your tellies for the highlights packages every evening on SuperSport.

Will there be any live transmissions... I hope so?

:blink:

Edited by AirBender

Apparently, Thor is moving to BMC and is left high and dry as Garmin-Cervelo will not use him now (or something to that effect).

The challenge is that is the World Champ and it is strongly encouraged that the World Champ be exposed as much as possible, in the spirit of cycling.

Hmm...

Hmm, didn't know that, seems a bit short sighted on Garmin's behalf.? Maybe a bit of bad blood now he is leaving.?

Hmm, didn't know that, seems a bit short sighted on Garmin's behalf.? Maybe a bit of bad blood now he is leaving.?

I think it is bad vibes, G O G.

---

After spending the last week checking out climbs that are new to him, Vincenzo Nibali (Liquigas) says that he has the motivation and form to put up a strong defence of his Vuelta a España title. Speaking on the eve of the race, the Liquigas rider also picked out Igor Antón and Joaquim Rodríguez as his two biggest rivals

Remember to set your tellies for the highlights packages every evening on SuperSport.

Will there be any live transmissions... I hoe so?

:blink:

just cycling for, no hoe's :o

(except maybe Basso's sister :D wait, is she still banned from attending races?)

Edited by TNT1

just cycling for, no hoe's :o

(except maybe Basso's sister :D wait, is she still banned from attending races?)

Let me edit my original post, you dirty mind, you...

:lol:

Let me edit my original post, you dirty mind, you...

:lol:

Dude, have you seen the basso girl? You'd also be thinking dirty things.

Some reports say that Igor Anton is the man to beat...

Hmph!

I reckon Rodriguez will take it.

I see Chris Sutton took the second stage of the Vuelta yesterday. All the big names still in the bunch so no time lost, I heard it was on SS but I couldn't find it.

Today is fairly straight forward, only a small cat 3 climb 10 km to the finish, and it looks like its a bit of a downhill finish as well, so I expect another sprint.

Tomorrow will be a big day for the top contenders, some big climbs and the heat will definitely make it tough.