• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh and dont forget.....

http://old.crunchgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/yellow-snow-warning1.jpg

The resolution is a bit low. is that a Husky ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes the story is running this Sunday.

Just out of interest ,I agree with the stereotyping issues and such and such.

Saying this, I do feel we need to become more vigilant in approaching these guys and ask them about their bikes.

We had a little sting op on the R 55 in conjunction with the Colonel of our local police station.

It 's amazing how many bikes are out there and how many were hand-me-downs, the bottom line however, the word in the township now is that one must think twice before you buy a fancy bike from a fellow townshipper.

This is very important I think, seems that there has been a definite reduction in the high-jacking so word has to be spreading amoungst these low lifes

The resolution is a bit low. is that a Husky ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude. You need a bigger screen. It is clearly a 3 legged Chihuahua. :thumbup:

They piss on EVERYTHING.

Immortalised by Deep Purple:

Frank Zappa and the Mothers

Were at the best place around

But some stupid with a flare gun

Burned the place to the ground

Smoke on the water, a fire in the sky, smoke on the water"

Edited by Joe Low

See this thread elsewhere on the Hub - http://www.thehubsa....34#entry1457334

Dangle, Nathrix, would it still be possible to alert Carte Blanche to this jerks operation?

+1 on this, these are the guys that need to get caught, they are the ones fuelling the hi-jackings & thefts, without an outlet to sell these bikes on it will prevent further thefts.

Yes the story is running this Sunday.

Just out of interest ,I agree with the stereotyping issues and such and such.

Saying this, I do feel we need to become more vigilant in approaching these guys and ask them about their bikes.

We had a little sting op on the R 55 in conjunction with the Colonel of our local police station.

It 's amazing how many bikes are out there and how many were hand-me-downs, the bottom line however, the word in the township now is that one must think twice before you buy a fancy bike from a fellow townshipper.

Thank you sir!

Just out of interest. There are about 4 locals in our area who ride to work on 'nice' bikes every day. By 'nice' bikes I mean hardtail, with suspension forks, and OEM groupsets. I have spoken to all but one. Many others ride on bikes that are quite obviously hand-me-downs (and some even likely stolen and resold along the way, no doubt). But the 3 gents on the 'new' bikes have all purchased theirs. The newest is a shiny red, white and black Boulder who's owner proudly told me how long he had saved for it. This when I stopped him to offer advice on raising his saddle so that his knees didn't pass his ears. Now we trade waves every time I pass him on the road.

Passing once through the Marianhill toll I saw a guy standing with a "high end" hardtail Merida 0nine. I stopped, phoned Jason at Giba Gorge, above which he was standing, and then strolled over complimented him on his bike. Turned out he was a sponsored development rider, who commutes (with his bike) from Pmbg to Ptn every day by taxi and rides the distance between work/home and the rank. When I phoned Jason back, he knew the guy. All cool.

We have had a number of bike-jackings at Giba. In this instance my reaction was based on vigilance, rather then "what in my mind" was a thieving low life.

So my suggestions to the OP still apply.

And whilst the OP's rant holds a bit of water, what if anything is being done about a WHITE/EUROPEAN/CALL-THE-COLOUR-WHAT-YOU-LIKE lowlife such as Neil from Neil's Wheels Capetown who is more than obviously dealing in stolen bikes? Or is it cool because he is of the above colour shade?

Edited by The Drongo

+1 on this, these are the guys that need to get caught, they are the ones fuelling the hi-jackings & thefts, without an outlet to sell these bikes on it will prevent further thefts.

yes - that is exactly what i was referring to earlier

And whilst the OP's rant holds a bit of water, what if anything is being done about a WHITE/EUROPEAN/CALL-THE-COLOUR-WHAT-YOU-LIKE lowlife such as Neil from Neil's Wheels Capetown who is more than obviously dealing in stolen bikes? Or is it cool because he is of the above colour shade?

You should get into politcs. :thumbup:

God help our development riders up here if you vigilante's pay us a visit.All of them are riding pretty cool bikes and work as gardeners,stable boys etc etc.

Two of them being my sons ex Scott Scale 40 and Scott AFD Pro....