Must be a stolen bike

AIRMAVRICK

but isnt that the problem - instead of saying - who hijacks? - black people do, we should be saying who hijacks? - people on the breadline/poor people cos they see an opportunity for some money. Despite your reasoning that the majority of "poor" people are black - does not justify using race as a describer in the first place.

Sure. Agreed. But:

Practical information (black people hijeck) helps us. For instance if you see a few black men loitering on the side of the path with their hands in their pockets and their eyes on you and your mtb you will take action to avoid a potential hijacking.

If we got all philanthropic about it and didn't identify the colour of the hijackers then perhaps you would be less likely to take action and more likely to get hijacked.

Hey - the guys could have been workers on their way to work and only stepped aside to let you through but ultimately information is king and a bit of common sense goes a long way to making you safer.

Perhaps I've put my point across badly but this whole "colour avoidance/racist over sensitity" thing really irritates me. Using the word black/white/coloured/indian/albino is not racist - it's like saying blonde hair or very tall.

Personally I think we'll know where over this whole racism thing when someone can say "black man" or "white man" with out all and sundry screaming "you are a racist".

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but isnt that the problem - instead of saying - who hijacks? - black people do, we should be saying who hijacks? - people on the breadline/poor people cos they see an opportunity for some money. Despite your reasoning that the majority of "poor" people are black - does not justify using race as a describer in the first place.

Who bicycle jacks ?

My answer, black foreigners, and no amount of icing can change that truth.

Those same foreigners are a problem to the locals you mention above, the poor/breadline people.

That problem is due to a lack of balls from our local government, so the interesting thing is this, this same (we couldn't give a hoot about our people guvverment) make empty promises and swing the minds of the unhappy majority with every vote as it doesn't take much to turn an angry man in to a gullible follower.

Now the problem gets worse, the thinking with, let's call him hungry Sipho the Hunger starts thinking that the government actually have lost their power, they have lost their ability to enforce the law, when I commute (I Sipho)walk to the shops to buy my Mageau, I see people skipping stop streets and robots, I read about rapists walking free, because his culture says he can rape a 90 year old granny to take away his aids, and the witch doctor gave him a script for it.

So now I need bucks, I need food, I need to eat, I know Rex the Zimbo has done well with bike theft and asked me if I would like to be a runner. Can I get in to trouble, of course I can't, look at the stuff people do and they get away with it, so I am going to take Rex up on that offer, and so we eventually end up with crime, which becomes acceptable because hunger and poverty is a good enough excuse to commit crime.

Nah, I feel differently about it, get rid of all the foreigners, that will help with job creation straight away, and the perhaps if Malema and co. start living by and enforcing the law, I might just follow by example.

Lawlessness is all that a nation needs to create a mini "ice age" or "flood"

Unless our leaders start leading by example, we are all stuffed.

So in short, I would like to thank the S.A. government for creating an opportunity in which we can now ad a new term to our urban dictionary called "bicycle jacking's"

Unfortunately as one who has been touched by a senseless murder/hijacking, the vision of the a "rotten apple in the box" comes up.

Did you ever see the video of the guy in Diepsloot that was muredered by a "the vast majority of individuals from all races Diepsloot who are decent folk just trying to get by"

I said it was hard, and am sorry that it is beyond you.

Sipho the Hunger

Ah damn I have coffee coming out my nose.

Sipho the Hunger. Thats some funny shizzle right there.

Not all black people are bike jackers.

Not all bike jackers are poor people.

Not all poor people resort to crime.

Looking at the pics of the alleged bike jackers that were caught recently I can't seem to see that any of them appear to me suffering from malnutrition, ot that they committed these crimes because they were hungry.

Could greed not be a motivational factor as well?

Not necessarily the greed associated with wanting the possesion of another, but the greed that stems from the fact that the majority of MTB riders are seen to be rich white people that can afford an expensive bike, and must therefore also ride with the latest smartphone and credit cards on them when they go out riding.

Sure. Agreed. But:

Practical information helps us.

you make a valid point there. Remember the story of the rugby player who attacked the person who raped his daughter. Everyone made wild assumptions on the race of the attacker and the attackee - and were all proved wrong. a little indication of race would have avoided that. but....its a chicken and egg situation cos then the argument would be: why do they need to say "black" or "white"

fact we are on egg shells when it comes to race - and as someone mentioned mostly its just poor people trying to make a buck - there is nothing racial about it - and please note i said "mostly"

Not all black people are bike jackers.

Not all bike jackers are poor people.

Not all poor people resort to crime.

Looking at the pics of the alleged bike jackers that were caught recently I can't seem to see that any of them appear to me suffering from malnutrition, ot that they committed these crimes because they were hungry.

Could greed not be a motivational factor as well?

Not necessarily the greed associated with wanting the possesion of another, but the greed that stems from the fact that the majority of MTB riders are seen to be rich white people that can afford an expensive bike, and must therefore also ride with the latest smartphone and credit cards on them when they go out riding.

Absolutely!

Personally I feel the motivation for hijacking is a combo of:

- Easy pickings

- Racial justification

- Easy cash conversion of product

- Something for nothing mentality

- Lack of jobs

- Lack of consequence

- Lack of morals

Hell the list can go on forever...

Good morning Guys and Girls,

So every morning I travel on Witkoppen rd between Leslie drive and Cedar rd. At about 7:20am every morning I see a man riding a Giant hard tail which in my mind cancnot afford to ride this bike...

Surely this bike must be stolen. It looks like a the Giant anthem x3 anthem. But its a hardtail

What should I do, It irritates me every morning....

That would be a XTC...i know what u mean, i hav seen same thing. the one day i offered him R500 cash for a Anthem 29...and he was extatic, told him i would be back in 10 min to get cash but he took off.

there is not much u can do tho.

you make a valid point there. Remember the story of the rugby player who attacked the person who raped his daughter. Everyone made wild assumptions on the race of the attacker and the attackee - and were all proved wrong. a little indication of race would have avoided that. but....its a chicken and egg situation cos then the argument would be: why do they need to say "black" or "white"

fact we are on egg shells when it comes to race - and as someone mentioned mostly its just poor people trying to make a buck - there is nothing racial about it - and please note i said "mostly"

The rugby story supports my point of view. If up front they had said - "a black blue bulls player did the attacking" it would have avoided several million people going "those evil dutchmen are so violent and racist the way they go around attacking black people".

Personally I think there is a racist element to bike jacking. I think this because of the violence. If the 'jacker just wanted the bike he'd just take the bike. The beating, stabbing, attempted rapes and violence is unecessary.

Each to our own opinion I guess.

Edit: Ooops misread your post. I see you stated a little colour reporting would have avoided the problem. Sorry!

Edited by Eldron

Who bicycle jacks ?

My answer, black foreigners, and no amount of icing can change that truth.

Those same foreigners are a problem to the locals you mention above, the poor/breadline people.

That problem is due to a lack of balls from our local government, so the interesting thing is this, this same (we couldn't give a hoot about our people guvverment) make empty promises and swing the minds of the unhappy majority with every vote as it doesn't take much to turn an angry man in to a gullible follower.

Now the problem gets worse, the thinking with, let's call him hungry Sipho the Hunger starts thinking that the government actually have lost their power, they have lost their ability to enforce the law, when I commute (I Sipho)walk to the shops to buy my Mageau, I see people skipping stop streets and robots, I read about rapists walking free, because his culture says he can rape a 90 year old granny to take away his aids, and the witch doctor gave him a script for it.

So now I need bucks, I need food, I need to eat, I know Rex the Zimbo has done well with bike theft and asked me if I would like to be a runner. Can I get in to trouble, of course I can't, look at the stuff people do and they get away with it, so I am going to take Rex up on that offer, and so we eventually end up with crime, which becomes acceptable because hunger and poverty is a good enough excuse to commit crime.

Nah, I feel differently about it, get rid of all the foreigners, that will help with job creation straight away, and the perhaps if Malema and co. start living by and enforcing the law, I might just follow by example.

Lawlessness is all that a nation needs to create a mini "ice age" or "flood"

Unless our leaders start leading by example, we are all stuffed.

So in short, I would like to thank the S.A. government for creating an opportunity in which we can now ad a new term to our urban dictionary called "bicycle jacking's"

i do agree with this

I said it was hard, and am sorry that it is beyond you.

I do not like you labelling me as "beyond" me. I am not the problem here. The lowlife hijackers are the problem. Typical liberal softnose reply!

The rugby story supports my point of view. If up front they had said - "a black blue bulls player did the attacking" it would have avoided several million people going "those evil dutchmen are so violent and racist the way they go around attacking black people".

Personally I think there is a racist element to bike jacking. I think this because of the violence. If the 'jacker just wanted the bike he'd just take the bike. The beating, stabbing, attempted rapes and violence is unecessary.

Each to our own opinion I guess.

Its called fear and intimidation and it works.Are you going to hand over your pride and joy if he asks nicely?

Nope...knock a few around,get the panic set in and they will just hand over everything without a scrap

i do agree with this

Thanks mate :thumbup:

One last word from me (or maybe not)

We often say stuff like choices can be made, we have our own path to choose.

I think when it comes to theft, the minds of even the most righteous ones can be swayed easily enough, and it's quite easy for someone like myself to point the ET finger and say look at that little swine, he has a choice, all this whilst I am obeying the law, I pray the day will never come that I am forced to decide between being a do-gooder or feeding my kids.

Maybe elsewhere, but on the Hub a lot of people supported the attacker until he turned out to be black. If you want to believe something about a group of people its not hard to find a couple of examples to hang your hat on.

If you wanted to go with

"those evil dutchmen are so violent and racist the way they go around attacking black people".

You'd just have to point to the other Blue Bulls player - jeez what do they put in the water up there?

And, again, the majority of Hubbers who posted, supported the drunken, drugged-up murderer.

Edited by Joe Low

Maybe elsewhere, but on the Hub a lot of people supported the attacker until he turned out to be black. If you want to believe something about a group of people its not hard to find a couple of examples to hang your hat on.

If you wanted to go with

"those evil dutchmen are so violent and racist the way they go around attacking black people".

You'd just have to point to the other Blue Bulls player - jeez what do they put in the water up there?

And, again, the majority of Hubbers who posted, supported the drunken, drugged-up murderer.

Why bring "evil dutchmen" into the picture, I did not even know there was a rugby team called the "Bulls" in Holland!

Or maybe you're jealous that he gets to train every morning and you don't...in which case just drive over him. You might get a fine or a suspended sentence

I nearly choked on my lunch olive and coughed all over my nice new laptop.