Bela Bela 5150

Garfield2010

Entries have closed. I didnt have enough money to enter. I am however more than willing to play vulture... So if anyone entered, but cannot compete anymore for some reason... I am willing to "buy" your entry at one third of the price.....

And people say I am not nice!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have an entry that I am not using, and would be happy to let go on the following terms:

1) R250 payable

2) You would have to collect my goodie bag/ t-shirt etc. for me and drop off at my house in northern JHB.

Seems like a good deal to me, shout if interested.

Not sure how the substition process would work, though, and if that's even possible at this late stage of the game.

Thx flex

Got another offer on Tuesday last week. Unfortunately NO SUBS are allowed by the organisers.

Thanks in any case!

Sure NO SUBS allowed but no one asks for your ID so as long as you dont mind competing as someone else and you not going to make a big deal of it ... :)

Must admit it was a very well organized event. No hordes in the swim trying to drown you, maybe an elbow or two but nothing like other events ex. BSG which is like a sardine tin. I'm happy to chuck in a couple extra hundred bucks to make sure it is a pleasant event. Wife and teenagers were there too supporting me and really enjoyed the weekend not too mention the beer tent as I ran past on the run section. Next year is a definite :thumbup:

Was good for the first time,

Registration was a bit disorganised but nothing major.

Swim was a interesting because of the shallowness with a lot of guys porpoising even the Pro's. At our start group they fished out a dead hadeda or something before the start. In general nice and good for the spectators to have perfect view of the swim.

Cycle was a surprise since the lady at registration said you will be able to average 33km going out....sure tannie. Bit confusing riding on the right but once u got used to it it was okay. Would be nice if they would just mark the speedbumps I only saw the one close to town when I was on it, first time I got airborne on a tri bike. Thought we would get full road closure

Run was nice and flat thru the resort with a lot of spectators around and yeah saw the warthogs.

Volunteers were friendly and they can only get better.

Overall a very nice race and a nice vibe enjoyed it and will be back next year

I Think this was one of the best orginized races in Triathlon in SA. Well worth paying the extra money.

Nice

Still, can someone explain why you are not allowed to substitute entries the week before the race? Surely it can do the organisers no harm to just change a name?

most likely that the 5150 overseas also does not allow it, seeing that we had to conform to the european continental rules

Ja but why? If they are not willing to refund then surely you have the right to substitute entries? And I am not talking about raceday. I tried this a week before the race and they just said no.

Is it about money? Cause obviously they want everyone to enter. Allowing a sub would cost them an entry fee effectively?

I have an entry that I am not using, and would be happy to let go on the following terms:

1) R250 payable

2) You would have to collect my goodie bag/ t-shirt etc. for me and drop off at my house in northern JHB.

Seems like a good deal to me, shout if interested.

Not sure how the substition process would work, though, and if that's even possible at this late stage of the game.

why do want the t-shirt if you aren't even finishing, let alone competing in the race?

Ja but why? If they are not willing to refund then surely you have the right to substitute entries? And I am not talking about raceday. I tried this a week before the race and they just said no.

Is it about money? Cause obviously they want everyone to enter. Allowing a sub would cost them an entry fee effectively?

so did all the ripoff predictions pan out?

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/103922-5150-daylight-robbery

Awesome event. Well done Werner!

The cycle was a surprise as I was expecting a flat fast route. Next year taking my roadbike instead of the tt. Sjame I saw guys with disc wheels who also didnt get the memo about the route profile!