Sani2c rush entry is pathetic

pauloc

Never got an email, a mate told me to go back to the site and fill in my details. That's how I got my number

hummpfff....... 2 of us in the office filled in the details and received the you are on the waiting list screen but no email

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno what you guys are complaining about. We got in. Twice. One entry by steam driven cell signal from the middle of the bush, the other having to chug right around the world from Oz.

Race and Adventure. Race!? What was my boet thinking. That's for the ou's with no sense of humour and no time to enjoy the view.

Anyway, some happy person on the race waiting list is going to get an entry - if it's you, enjoy my man.

And don't give Farmer Glen a hard time either - this is arguably one of the best stage races in the world, put on by part-timers.

If you think that a website designed to deal with 15 000 users all clicking refresh as fast as their little fingers can press is a high priority for a race like this, then you're missing the point. Anyway, what's the difference between the race being sold out in 0.3 seconds as opposed to 30 mins? At least with the current site you get 30 mins of heart stopping fear followed by either jubilation or despair. All for free.

Edited by davetapson

Not sure what happened over the weekend... but on Friday my team was "wait A44" and now we are "wait A3314... what happened there :o

Well... we wait and hope... :unsure:

paid for an entered, into the adventure....... we only came 3rd last this year..... will have to try harder for last!

Dunno what you guys are complaining about. We got in. Twice. One entry by steam driven cell signal from the middle of the bush, the other having to chug right around the world from Oz.

Race and Adventure. Race!? What was my boet thinking. That's for the ou's with no sense of humour and no time to enjoy the view.

Anyway, some happy person on the race waiting list is going to get an entry - if it's you, enjoy my man.

And don't give Farmer Glen a hard time either - this is arguably one of the best stage races in the world, put on by part-timers.

If you think that a website designed to deal with 15 000 users all clicking refresh as fast as their little fingers can press is a high priority for a race like this, then you're missing the point. Anyway, what's the difference between the race being sold out in 0.3 seconds as opposed to 30 mins? At least with the current site you get 30 mins of heart stopping fear followed by either jubilation or despair. All for free.

Congrats on getting your 2 entries. I can see why you find no problem with the system. For the rest of us, I'm sure you can understand why the frustration has crept in.

Has anyone on the waiting list received an email today? Aren't they supposed to be sending out the batch payment emails to the waiting list today, or have I got the day wrong?

The entry process was obviously flawed as they have allowed some people to enter as many as 18 times.

Edit: Just saw on their website, they have extended the period to pay till the end of the day. Waiting list guys and girls will only get notified tomorrow.

Edited by Ratty

nope, on the waiting list and nothing...I am fearing I will fall into the "If you dont hear from us.....sorry try again" group :(

i think you're missing the point. based on the comments in this thread, the following is quite clear:

1. Some/lots of people have registered multiple times and have not received any notification

2. some/lots of people tried to register early to get on the waiting list early only to be messed around and eventually get through the same time as people trying an hour later

3. Some/lots of people initially received emails (the lucky ones) that initially stated they were no x on the list and then receive an email saying they are no x times 10000 on the list

why has this all happened? - most likely because they entry process was such a bollocks up that they are now probably sitting in the office fiddling with the database to sort out this huge big mess, which in turn puts the whole entry process in dispute. So...yes i do believe that a website is a high priority

i think you're missing the point. based on the comments in this thread, the following is quite clear:

1. Some/lots of people have registered multiple times and have not received any notification

2. some/lots of people tried to register early to get on the waiting list early only to be messed around and eventually get through the same time as people trying an hour later

3. Some/lots of people initially received emails (the lucky ones) that initially stated they were no x on the list and then receive an email saying they are no x times 10000 on the list

why has this all happened? - most likely because they entry process was such a bollocks up that they are now probably sitting in the office fiddling with the database to sort out this huge big mess, which in turn puts the whole entry process in dispute. So...yes i do believe that a website is a high priority

Well said Stetch. My take would have had a few more explitives but that basically sums it up, barring one point. For the past few weeks a lot of hype has been built up by saying that the new entry system would not take into account previous years entries. This was cleverly worded to make it look like it was a total fresh start for the race and that everyone had an equal chance. What actually seems to have transpired is that the waiting list was cleared, but previous years race entries were still given preference.

Granted this is status quo but then they should have been more clear about it.

Well said Stetch. My take would have had a few more explitives but that basically sums it up, barring one point. For the past few weeks a lot of hype has been built up by saying that the new entry system would not take into account previous years entries. This was cleverly worded to make it look like it was a total fresh start for the race and that everyone had an equal chance. What actually seems to have transpired is that the waiting list was cleared, but previous years race entries were still given preference.

Granted this is status quo but then they should have been more clear about it.

I have to disagree. The website made is clear that the people who have entered before would get preference. There was an issue though with people riding with different partners.

They were however talking about opening up a 3rd event which would then give the people on the waiting list a much better opportunity to get in. Lets hope they do it.

I have to disagree. The website made is clear that the people who have entered before would get preference. There was an issue though with people riding with different partners.

They were however talking about opening up a 3rd event which would then give the people on the waiting list a much better opportunity to get in. Lets hope they do it.

Sorry Ratty, but I really don't think this was clear enough. There were emails that were sent out prior to the entries opening that were worded to this effect and they even mentioned it on SuperCycling last week.

I'd understand if I had been the only one to get it wrong, but everyone I've spoken to was under the same impression.

Sorry Ratty, but I really don't think this was clear enough. There were emails that were sent out prior to the entries opening that were worded to this effect and they even mentioned it on SuperCycling last week.

I'd understand if I had been the only one to get it wrong, but everyone I've spoken to was under the same impression.

I was also under the impression that it was equal for ALL, even if you had done it ten times before.

Nope Emails sent prior all suggested that previous riders would get the nod, and that the waiting list was being completely reset, first come first serve.