Orbit Tour d' Worcester

firewolf

Yup, like the last 20km of this race! That road sucks, there were sections of the median line cut out last year. One guys wheel got stuck, went down and almost bought a whole lot of us down with him :thumbdown:

Yeah I remember that bit - sounded like we were riding over loose paving cobble stones. Was not cool!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I remember that bit - sounded like we were riding over loose paving cobble stones. Was not cool!

Ala Paris-Roubaix!

The gravel segment was far less risky...

Have you tried calling...... will try tomorrow if no reply overnight :thumbup:

So.... I have tried to call now and no answer. Just rings and rings and then goes to voicemail :thumbdown:

Well I haven't tried yet..... try the PPA website - should have a link there :unsure:

Edit: message to OP - It's Worcester - Although I agree, the pace is quite woes seeing that it is a flattish race.

Yeah Firewolf, love the dirt section. Pulled away from my group on it coz they were all too scared to ride it hard :thumbup:

p.s. Just mailed the event organiser.

Kris pls don leave me in the dust on the gravel section. I will do my best to keep your wheel :P

So.... I have tried to call now and no answer. Just rings and rings and then goes to voicemail :thumbdown:

Yip. Looks like it is cancelled. Weird.

Yip. Looks like it is cancelled. Weird.

Just called PPA - they are also trying to get hold of Henno to find out re the event...... hmm - would be disappointing if the event was cancelled :thumbdown:

I cant see this event being cancelled! Im sure there must be some misunderstanding somewhere. If cancelled they might as well cancel the springleague for 2011

Just phoned PPA. Race def not cancelled. Different venue though so race slightly longer and route slightly changed. Gravel section still there. Venue now at Klein Plasie

Just phoned PPA. Race def not cancelled. Different venue though so race slightly longer and route slightly changed. Gravel section still there. Venue now at Klein Plasie

+1. I spoke to Christof(?) at Manic Cycles earlier - he said that the venue has changed but the race is still on :thumbup:

Here is a route map for the 'new' route (apparently very similar as last year but I don't have the map from last year) Dirt section is on the last few Km's of the route rather than near the beginning / middle like last years race.

post-14551-0-35686300-1314610839.jpg