Orbit Tour d' Worcester

firewolf

@Zac.A - Thought we might have shared the road for a while without knowing it.

@Frail - I tried it, did not like it, will not do it again. My decision, easy as that. I have done races upcountry on roads in worse conditions, but liked the race/vibe/route, and kept on riding them every year. I just did not like this route at all.

Edited by Wannabe

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to be racing again. Got taken out at the back of a 4 bike pileup after the dirt, but **** happens I guess. Hope your collar bone is alright JP.

Yeah that was close for me. I swerved out just in time. Hope everybody involved is ok and then after that, that the bikes are also ok.

I think Dusty joked (tongue-in-cheek) that we guys don't ride each other off our wheels, we just switch each other :)

Nice long break for you Luke. Maybe next time.

Yeah that was close for me. I swerved out just in time. Hope everybody involved is ok and then after that, that the bikes are also ok.

I think Dusty joked (tongue-in-cheek) that we guys don't ride each other off our wheels, we just switch each other :)

Nice long break for you Luke. Maybe next time.

Ye, saw some broken wheels and damaged frames - same old same old with guys overlapping wheels. The break is the safest place to be really - we just needed one or two more guys to make it stick - come join us next time :P

Ye, saw some broken wheels and damaged frames - same old same old with guys overlapping wheels. The break is the safest place to be really - we just needed one or two more guys to make it stick - come join us next time :P

Like the Medallion last year! Yeah, maybe next time. I actually tried bridging you two; Willie went, then I and Charles followed, but my legs were a bit jelly-ish so couldn't really work hard.

All the best with the bike then.

Hmmm, sorry to hear about the bad race for so many. But the pothole story - nope sorry, doesn't wash with me. If they bother you, do criteriums (criteria?). It's a road, roads have potholes, fact of life. It's not PPA's responsibility to fix them; be grateful that there are okes there who get up at God knows what hour just so you can ride through inyteresections safely.

Anyway, I'm just whinging 'cos I had a most unimpressive race, despite doing the shorter course and doing about 5km/h more than my usual average speed. C'est la vie.

Were you in the A - E bunch? With deep sections? I was two riders away from the edge of the road - two okes had to stop after going through a pothole (think it was broken spokes if I am not mistaken?)

I rode with my 32H training wheels because I know the quality of the road is ***.... You can be glad that they resurfaced the road into Rawsonville - Last year the tar was loose and sounded like riding on loose cobble stones.

btw broke a front spoke but carried on because of the high spoke count - very little deviation in the rim.

Yes i was the one of the guys but not with the deepsections. Oh well its racing but i'm just miffed i went through all the effort and expense to have my race end by a f'ing pothole.

Yes i was the one of the guys but not with the deepsections. Oh well its racing but i'm just miffed i went through all the effort and expense to have my race end by a f'ing pothole.

I only noticed the second guy - there was another guy ahead of him who stopped (which would have been you) :thumbdown:

I understand 100% what you mean. 2 years ago I did the Malmesbury race. Broke a spoke on the front wheel of my Shimano wheelset just after turning onto the Malmesbury road.

I rode the rest of the race like that. To top it all off, I got a front wheel puncture just before Hermon :cursing:

Was so demotivated after that my father-in-law caught me 1km before the end - I had to beat him, so I rode faster :lol:

Agree with you 100% on this. Anyone who has raced Worcestor before is aware of risks you take riding over the gravel section but all the farking potholes before and after are not accpetable. As race organizers PPA have a reponsibility to make sure the racing conditions are safe all riders. I woke up at 4am to make this race only to hit a huge pothole before the gravel section and lost my group so my race was over. There were 2 other casualties in front of me from the same pothole so its not like i was not watching where is was going. I'll be phoning them tomorrow for there views, but i'm sure i'll get the same old answer that its not there repsonsibilty to fix the roads... Yeah but its easy to take peoples money for sub standard racing conditions. My 2 cents.

Kent were you the guy on the white specialized? I think you had a yellow windbreaker on?

Edited by Jaco-fiets

Guest Frail4Life

Does Anybody KNOW the guy with DeepSections?

Red & White Bike.

Was Stranded and looking for a Bomp/ Pump.

I waited @ the Finish but did NOT see him come in.

Edited by F_R_A_I_L

Can I ask a stupid question: Do you have to be a paid up member of PPA for your results to be shown on Racetec?

If so ... :thumbdown:

Can I ask a stupid question: Do you have to be a paid up member of PPA for your results to be shown on Racetec?

If so ... :thumbdown:

Yep, as I understand it PPA pays RaceTec to do the timing - so results are members-only

Yip

Bud i still wanted to apologise to you! When we turned left from the Robertson rd onto the nuy rd i bumped into you. I thought i was holding my line but at that stage i was knackered so i might have misjudged it. Sorry for that and sorry about your bad luck!

Bud i still wanted to apologise to you! When we turned left from the Robertson rd onto the nuy rd i bumped into you. I thought i was holding my line but at that stage i was knackered so i might have misjudged it. Sorry for that and sorry about your bad luck!

Boet, ons moet saamry. Ek neem aan dat jy die ou is wat 'n 2:33:04 gery het? Ek het jou ander tye gekyk en ons is nie so ver van mekaar af nie - sal lekker wees om saam met iemand to ry wat die selfde vlak is as ek.

Just so by the way, taking about bumping, someone bumped into me at some point during the race. At least I had my wits about me and leaned into the dude doing the bumping so kept him going straight. Maybe it was the same incident..... it's actually flipping cool to randomly meet guys here on the hub and be able to put names and faces together on event days :thumbup: