The dope (er) Thread

TNT1

Schleckie Snr still awaiting his fate with the Luxembourg ADA...

Eish, they can delay...

:-/

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carlos Barredo has abruptly quit cycling in the fallout from questions over his biological passport that sidelined him this season.

The 31-year-old Spaniard has been dogged with doubts about his passport numbers dating back to 2010.

His former team, Rabobank, suspended him in October when the UCI formally asked the Spanish cycling federation to open an inquiry.

Barredo has refused to publicly comment on his imminent retirement, only telling the Spanish daily El País this week that he “has not gone back to the bike.”

Barredo, who hails from Asturias in northern Spain, told the Spanish daily he would begin working in Madrid with his new job at Cafés Toscaf, a coffee importer also based in Barredo’s home region.

Barredo – perhaps best known for

at the 2010 Tour de France – was on a list of allegedly suspicious riders that was leaked from the 2010 Tour.

Barredo last raced at June’s Critérium du Dauphiné and proclaimed his innocence regarding allegations of blood manipulation. Rabobank dropped him when the UCI made official steps and Barredo has decided to retire, though he has indicated he will try to fight the allegations.

Barredo turned pro in 2004 with Manolo Saíz at Liberty Seguros, but was not directly implicated in the Operación Puerto blood doping scandal that took down the team in 2006.

He raced three seasons with Quick Step, where he won the 2009 Clásica San Sebastián as well as the climbing stage at Lagos de Covadonga in the 2010 Vuelta a España. In 2011, he switched to Rabobank.

• 3 weeks later...

AICAR is short for 5-Aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide ribonucleotide. If you knew that you’ll also know that clinical tests suggest the molecule can make mice improve their endurance, able to run on a treadmill for longer. It’s not just in the lab as persistent tales talk of its use in sport and cycling. Only maybe it’s time to stop the whispers because there’s a valid test in place meaning it can already be detected. Thanks to an alert reader, it’s all set out on the PubMed database and in the journal Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, April 2010, Volume 396, Issue 8, pp 2899-2908. The next question is how often the labs are testing for it.

From Inner Ring

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Is Ricco the dumbest ass in the world?

Riccardo Riccò has been accused of buying EPO and testosterone after being caught red handed with two dealers by Italian police in a car park in the Tuscan town of Livorno, according to reports in Italian media.

The controversial Italian climber had been planning to attack a series of records on well known cycling climbs such as Mont Ventoux but is now facing charges of receiving banned substances and dealing in banned substances. Doping is a crime in Italy.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/report-ricco-caught-buying-doping-products

I can imagine one day in an old-age home, an old man with wrinkled saggy tribal tatoos being bed bathed by some cute nurses, and those nurses trying hard not to laugh.........

I can imagine one day in an old-age home, an old man with wrinkled saggy tribal tatoos being bed bathed by some cute nurses, and those nurses trying hard not to laugh.........

He will drop dead before he's 50 I bet.

He will drop dead before he's 50 I bet.

Ive known some chain-smoking alcoholic aunties to make it into their eighties....... What doesn't kill you makes you stronger? But seriously it would be interesting in the future to get longevity stats for guys that have doped, its too early to tell now. Edited by blondeonabike

But seriously it would be interesting in the future to get longevity stats for guys that have doped, its too early to tell now.

You should do some digging.

The suicide and cancer rates are alarming.