The dope (er) Thread

TNT1

A historic version of EPO in the peloton in 1996, interesting and definitely worth a read.

http://cyclismas.com/2012/06/riishomon-a-heros-tale-part-4/

An extract:

"One day the Tour will return to that hill above the Roman Catholic shrine in Lourdes, where miracles happen. That hill where Miguel Induráin had effortlessly chased down Marco Pantani in 1994, where Riis reigned supreme in 1996, where Lance Armstrong closed on Javier Otxoa in 2000 and where Piepoli had run rampant in 2008. One day, riders in the Tour de France will once again race up the Hautacam. When they do, let’s hope there are no more miracles on the Hautacam. Let’s hope for a hero fans can believe in."

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good article but while there's money, ego's, etc then there's always a chance of doping.

Also lots of money to be made from selling the dope.

I would not imagine so.EPO is available legally and used for treatment of patients with kidney disease etc for example.So prob easily available from bent chemists

• 3 weeks later...

Pozzato handed three-month ban from CONI

This case really shows the incompetence of the UCI/CONI. Although banned from assisting athletes, Dr Ferrari's name was never published on the banned list!

Having said that, he does provide massively expensive personalised training plans at EUR 40,000 - EUR 50,000 per annum! Makes Frank's payments to Dr Fuentes at EUR 7,000 seem good value.

After all the sh1ts and gigles, I reckon there's not a single Pro rider who hasn't doped in his carreer at some stage.

The one's we think didn't dope just haven't been caught yet.

After all the sh1ts and gigles, I reckon there's not a single Pro rider who hasn't doped in his carreer at some stage.

As Vaughters suggested in a recent NY Times interview....

To stay competitive, one has to dope (in those days of the 1990s).

Interesting what Hamilton points to in his new book -

Even if everybody doped, LA had the access to the best doctor to boost his performance as he / USP had the biggest budget.

So, was the playing field level?... No, he writes.

:-/

(Something like that)

Interesting what Hamilton points to in his new book -

Even if everybody doped, LA had the access to the best doctor to boost his performance as he / USP had the biggest budget.

So, was the playing field level?... No, he writes.

:-/

(Something like that)

the reasoning is as follows. I might have a HCT of 41, you have 47.

by doping I can get mine to 49, but so can you. It stands to reason that I gained 8hct points by doping, but you only gained 2.

Also, the human body responds differently. He said some of the drugs he tried were terrible for him, but worked well for others.

so theres no such thing as levelling the playing field

100% agreed, they all as guilty, the difference is they all cheated but only one won 7times,and raised huge awareness and $$$$$ doing it

The funny thing is...Tyler and his mates never complained when they were in the team because when Lance does well they do well $$$$ wise.

Suddenly everyone is running out of $$$....NOW the doping was wrong and they need to speak.