32GI

ridr

See my previous post. This reply is from Mark a nutritionist at 32GI:

Hi which product are u looking at if it's the endure remember it is not about the amount of carbohydrates it's about the type if carbohydrates used. USN, Cytomax etc use carbs which spike blood sugar levels such as Maltodextrin. Dextrose, glucose, etc we use a very very expensive carbohydrate called isomaltulose which does not spike blood sugar levels at all in actual fact the GI is 32 and that's where our name was originally derived from.

I am a nutrition expert you are welcome to ask en anything but please just understand blood glucose and insulin levels is not based on value or carbohydrate it's based on the type of carbohydrates it's like comparing 100grams of honey to a 100grams of broccoli, both have carb content but the nutrition breakdown between them is completely different. Of course hey are not equal which is what I'm getting at :-

By the way one more thing Maltodextrin is NOT classified as a sugar because its a starch based carb BUT it's far worse from an insulin spiking property higher than glucose so don't be fooled there when they say of sugars it's a nice market trick. Once u add Maltodextrin u remove the sugar mention of that quantity :-)

Kind regards

I replied: Hi Mark so what is the bottom line regarding say USN's 39g sugar and 32GI's 94g. Does irt mean there is more sugar inyour product thanin the others?

Mark replied: Don't think of it as a sugar, sugar = carbohydrate.

Remember dextrose, multose, glucose, isomaltulose, sucrose are all carbohydrates each has different properties. What you actual have to look at on a product is the total number of carbohydrates.

So yes we are 94grams of carbs total sugar is 94grams per a 100grams as isomaltulose is classified as a polyol which is a sugar.

With that in mind remember though a serving of endure is not 94grams it's 47grams over 2hrs. That means you are consuming only 24grams per an hour.

I cannot comment on the USN product without seeing the label but I can almost guarantee you that the serving per an hour if carb including sugar content would be way higher.

Hope it helps.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow oaky.... That is very informative :D

I have been using 32GI for almost a month now and it works great... It can be black magic or a cool placebo, I don't care IT WORKS!

I guess everyone has their own opinion, sometimes its all in the mind, and if that works its OK too, I have been cycling with 32Gi for the last 3 years and it works for me, I have had nothing but bad experiences with USN, not saying that the next oke will have too, but I will rather buy Game then ever spending money on USN again,

Geno, Hammer is far better than USN so good move, from a nutrition point of view though Hammer is still a high GI product meaning it does spike you, maybe not as much as other solid multodextrin based products, but 32GI will never spike you. If you read the research reports on 32GI you will notice that is was tested by the Freiburg University Sports Medicine Institute against multodextrin based products on elite cyclists. Results showed that the 32GI group outperformed the multodextrin groups by at least 3% which is incredible. The other big difference is that 32GI promotes much fat store tapping for energy and only releases the exact amount of glucose the muscles require, which means, that you go much much longer as your glycogen stores do not deplete as quickly. Price if you look at it per an hour of energy, how much would you pay for a gel which you need to keep taking in every 30-45 minutes as not to dip too much, basically a serving of 32GI guarantees you a minimum of 2 hours of energy, so in a 20 serving bucket which costs R225 at Tony Impey cycles, 1 serving is 2 hours worth which equates to R5.60 per an hour, thats a great deal and the stuff tastes great too, 4 flavours, peach,lime, raspberry and orange.

It has all the required electrolytes in it and can be used for carbo-loading or during an event for both energy and rehydration, go figure, its the first low GI endurance drink on the continent and you would have to try it to believe how it works.

Nice Sales Pitch

I've tried and tested 75% of what's out there i.t.o energy drinks, and I've come to one conclusion,.."As ek flipping dors is suip ek enige iets." Proven fact.

I've tried and tested 75% of what's out there i.t.o energy drinks, and I've come to one conclusion,.."As ek flipping dors is suip ek enige iets." Proven fact.

Has anyone found that the Berry/Raspberry flavour makes them feel more thirsty?

I have had this happen with both Endure and Accelerate.

The Orange is fine but last time I bought Accelerate they had no Orange so was forced to get Raspberry and am not happy with what I have now.

I definitely agree. I use it for triathlons as well without any issues.

Hi bigjoe,

I'm trying to lay down my 70.3 nutrition plan, and really tested it this morning on a 4 hour session. I've been using 32GI for a while now, but this was the first time I took the exact amounts I want during the race. These amounts are really 320-350kcal per hour, and I took a bottle of Endure and a sachet of Chews p/h for two hours (66% of the bike leg). The third hour I took some GU chews or whatever and two gels, reason being they are supplied on all the major race courses and was thinking of using them during the run. This however resulted in a proper cockup: 10 min into the last hour I got some proper cramps that brought me to a halt every 200m.

I'm not sure what the problem is. I doubt that it is total take-on. I think it has something to do with the mixing of GU and 32GI because I felt pretty fine before taking those gels. Seeing that you use 32GI for tri:

1. Do you take specific amounts/have a kcal target p/h?

2. Have you mixed it with the GU that is everywhere, and what was the result?

Cheers,

S.

Have used it on multi stage races - 1 bottle per stage - seams to work (Idon't drink much) and I like the Lime flavour - doesn't leave a sweet taste in your mouth or around your lips - will be using it on 94.7 this Sunday

Hi bigjoe,

I'm trying to lay down my 70.3 nutrition plan, and really tested it this morning on a 4 hour session. I've been using 32GI for a while now, but this was the first time I took the exact amounts I want during the race. These amounts are really 320-350kcal per hour, and I took a bottle of Endure and a sachet of Chews p/h for two hours (66% of the bike leg). The third hour I took some GU chews or whatever and two gels, reason being they are supplied on all the major race courses and was thinking of using them during the run. This however resulted in a proper cockup: 10 min into the last hour I got some proper cramps that brought me to a halt every 200m.

I'm not sure what the problem is. I doubt that it is total take-on. I think it has something to do with the mixing of GU and 32GI because I felt pretty fine before taking those gels. Seeing that you use 32GI for tri:

1. Do you take specific amounts/have a kcal target p/h?

2. Have you mixed it with the GU that is everywhere, and what was the result?

Cheers,

S.

Hi Snytjie,

On my long rides i normally take 2 bottles of Endure, and seems to work for me. This is more than enough for me for the 3hr ride at 70.3. I try and have the 1st bottle by the 1st water point, depending on heat.....and then take on a bottle of water. I normally top this up with a banana or 2, just to have something to eat. I dont mix it with GU, as i dont take it. I normally run with a few 32Gi Tabs, which seems to do the trick. Having said that, i had a bad spell of stomach cramps on the run. Something that i have never experienced before with my nutrition......even though i havent changed anything.

i havent finalised my nutrition for 70.3 next year, still working on it. Will let you know how it goes.

Doing 2 laps of the 94.7 on sunday, want to try a few things on the 2nd lap to see how i feel.

I have mixed 32gi and Gu on sprint distances, without any hassle. But having said that, it is a 2:30 event instead of a 6hr event.

• 3 weeks later...

ok.

Feel free to kick me for asking this, but seriously don't have the time atm to read 70+ pages.

What are the different products/powders again, and their intended use.

Most of my rides are Thaba, 16km, 400m or double that, taking 2-3 hours, or as fast as my legs allow me.

And then every 3rd weekend we do a block house ride, 45-55km, 3-4hours, chilled pace.

G

Ingredients: Isomaltulose (source of glucose and fructose), Maltodextrin, Glucose, Fructose, citric acid, flavourant, colourant, anti caking agent, vitamin C, sodium chloride, potassium chloride.

"By the way one more thing Maltodextrin is NOT classified as a sugar because its a starch based carb BUT it's far worse from an insulin spiking property higher than glucose so don't be fooled there when they say of sugars it's a nice market trick. Once u add Maltodextrin u remove the sugar mention of that quantity :-)

Kind regards"

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

Ok, me getting old.

Which one do we drink again for say 2 -3 hours of outride, constant speed, not explosive energy required.

Does 32GI have a pre ride drink,

Does 32GI have a recovery drink?

Whats the going price for a tub now, been seeing prices of R270-280,

G

Archived