The transformation

Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

holy cow myles. that sprayjob looks MINT! pls pls tell me you gonna put some touches of mclaren in there.. black with maybe subtle red or orange highlights??

I think you should quit your job and open a sprayshop, I have a Land Rover Series 2 pickup you can practice on ;) I'll even let you do it for free

holy cow myles. that sprayjob looks MINT! pls pls tell me you gonna put some touches of mclaren in there.. black with maybe subtle red or orange highlights??

To do that, I've gotta do more spraying!

AARGH!

Mind you, there are some fingerprints on there courtesy of a female resident. Picked it up and said "where'd this come from?"

:cursing:

Maybe some of the gun-metal grey? Or shall I do some pin-striping with my Humbrol enamels?

Hmmmm...

Looking blaaaaardy sick!

Table too...

Shot bro!

Orbital, built a pergola at the front door using old Meranti decking, 32 planks, 25mm x 50mm x 3.5m, gave up after plank 8 and took it to a woodshop to have it planed.

Eina. Ja, electric planer was one of my better investments. Think it's a 2,000 W one. Router is a 1,350 W. That thing CHOWS wood!

I have a 185mm rotor and adaptor I am willing to donate to the cause. Both used, but still good.

Dude - I'd be a fool to say no...

Dude - I'd be a fool to say no...

Well then. You can have em. Let me know when suits you and I can look at my timetable.

Nice to see someone get stuck in aggressively and getting the job done...the frame's looking great, didn't realise you could get something looking that good with a rattlecan.

GT Decal - 340 x 40

post-3056-0-00248700-1314869726.jpg

DHI Designation - 120 x 30

post-3056-0-86205500-1314869744.jpg

This one goes on the top tube, just behind the stem.

EDIT - pic didn't load properly. Should show HUCK IT! in white Britannic Bold, 30mm * 30mm

Nice to see someone get stuck in aggressively and getting the job done...the frame's looking great, didn't realise you could get something looking that good with a rattlecan.

Yeah bro, as long as you do it in a good environment (no wind) and you have a good enough action (back & forth, just like with a gun) then it's cool.

I also used one of those trigger-grips that you put on the top of the can. Simple single pivot design, that converts a can to a demi-spraygun and gets rid of the awkwardness of always having to depress that frikkin nozzle.

Looking good! What paint did you use?

On mine I used Rustoleum primer, paint and clear, but not the enamel and the paint's chipping badly at the slightest nick.

I hope your finish is more durable.

Hey Divernick,

using Rustoleum as well...

white Stops Rust primer, metallic enamel (midnight black) for the frame & fork, satin black for the cranks, and the clear enamel clearcoat to finish...

Good job - I should have used enamel.

FAIL

Now I have to re-strip the frame. Then decisions decisions: brush, polish or paint?????