The transformation

Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can, with one of those trigger grips. Don't want to be pressing that nozzle down whilst trying to get an even spread. Almost impossible to get a great finish like that, I'm sure you'll know...

I have access to a gun & compressor, but it's a bit of a las.

true, it's a load, but superior finish. THen again, i've seen some magic-in-a-can from some guys, you probably one of em. color me envious. never could get rattle-can perfection...

Edited by Capricorn

Looking good. What's the ETC?

Tomorrow for paint (cranks, frame & fork) and Tuesday for the swingarm. Then whenever my package gets here for the rest. I'll say next weekend (tentatively)

Still need to get the decals printed though, and that will have to be done before the clearcoats are done.

Introducing Surgica-lift for Forks...

"I used to feel all old and pitted. Misused, as if my life was dictated by the pits and scratches in my paintwork. I was pointed at. And made fun of. I had laughter ringing in my mind, constantly ringing like a cow-bell from hell. I had ears that weren't being used like they used to be. I felt deaf... dumb. Blind to the upcoming trails and drops that were looming before me...

"And then I saw an ad for Surgica-lift... and my life changed. I'm now disc-specific! I feel young, vibrant, and purpose-built for new, exciting technology like twin-pot calipers and hydraulic fluid! I feel lighter, swankier, and altogether more responsive! All it took was a good dose of Surgica-lift, a fine metalwork file and some sweet tender love from a ball of spun steel. I was given a new life. I feel clean... free...ready! To make my life anew!"

post-3056-0-35680900-1314564069.jpg

No forks were harmed in the making of this production...

And yes - that is an unfinished HU-1 Heavy Hog in the background. My domestic thought it looked better with the rotor NEXT to it as opposed to on top. <_<

Edited by cptmayhem

She's getting a set of Elixir 5's in dark grey. The white is just the primer. Finished colour is going to be a dark gun-metal grey, in metallic. All over.

Rims are black, tires, crank, bashguard and saddle is black.

Bars are the normal grey of the BooBar, and the bike itself is the Gun Metal. Fork, frame, alles.

Gonna look king!

Splashes of colour with the decals, otherwise stealth bomber style..

we have a shimano agitator in our midst...

Ja, bro... But I have to be honest - at the price that they're going for currently, it's not a bad deal...

Although, I'd rather have the new SLX trail edition than last year's XT.

Still prefer my brakes though. And I don't really see the need for a redily accessible reach adjust and contact adjust. I mean, you should only really set that sorta thing up once. And you're not going to suddenly think "oh, holy crapolie! I need the levers ONE mm closer for this corner!"

Pfft!

Impressive work, especially on the fork. Must admit I'm loving that white. Looking forward to see the rest of the transformation...good luck!

ROFL! I'm also (secretly) loving the white. But it's just the primer, and the coating is too thin for it to be the finishing coat.

Finished colour is going to be a deep gun-metal grey. I'm sanding down the finish on the frame & fork this arvie (2k6 water paper - thanks for the tip, Cap) and then will start the first coat...