• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Woop woop!!!!

Parcel number: EE165131705GB

Service: INTERNATIONAL SCHEDULED

Last tracked at: JO'BURG INT MAIL CENTRE EMS

It's so close you can taste it!

ROFL! I'm also (secretly) loving the white. But it's just the primer, and the coating is too thin for it to be the finishing coat.

Finished colour is going to be a deep gun-metal grey. I'm sanding down the finish on the frame & fork this arvie (2k6 water paper - thanks for the tip, Cap) and then will start the first coat...

Was about to suggest myself actually .... Hell man, almost feeling as amped to see the finished product.

Like watching an animal give birth in the wild tis is, should film and get David Attenborough to narrate. :lol:

Cue David Attenborough voice...

The downhill mountainbiker is a social creature, dedicated to the upkeep of their most cherished of possessions, their bicycle.... (camera zooms from far)

Location last scanned: CAPEMAIL (HUB)

Currently has status of: From Customs

TRACKING

1 From Customs 8/30/2011 :27:10 AM CAPEMAIL (HUB)

2 Incomming International 8/29/2011 :10:17 AM JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)

do you have a plant thingy on a bean bag ?

sorry just looking around while you werent here

LOL! Yeah, I do. Those plant thingies were bunches of Rocket, lettuce & tomato, but the dog got them and shredded the lot. So, I put them on the beanbag to get them out of his reach. Then he grew. He can reach them now. I'm still looking for some suitable wall brackets to put them up so he can't get at them... I tend to over-engineer things like that, but I want something STRONG to hold them up. Pity the ones I'm looking at are R 200 each!

This is going to look hot!

Nice documenting.

Shot bro! Paint is going on this afternoon. Had a bit of a whoopsie with last night's primer coat, so I couldn't continue as planned.

SAPO FAIL. What on earth are there telephone numbers on delivery notes for, if NOT to phone your client when you are at his door and there is no answer!?

FFS! Now I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow before I get my grubby little paws on my merchandise!

Oh. In other news, the first coat of colour is going on today. YAY!

First coat of colour went on the frame this evening. Looks darker than originally thought, but that's not a bad thing!

Had a bit of a fail on the fork lowers though. A bit of moisture got in and RUINED the existing primer application, so I'm going to have to sand that back down again and start over on some areas of the fork. Pissed. And I'm out of primer. Double pissed!

Anyway. 2nd coat to go on tonight, and then a light light light sand tomorrow afternoon before the clearcoat goes on. Still need to finish stripping the swingarm though. That's been on the backburner due to work commitments (ie: I gotta make myself some money!)

I hope to be totally done by the weekend. I'm home most of tomorrow anyway (working from home 'cos the SAPO don't know how to confirm a delivery time for the packages) so will get most of that done then.

Other than that, it's all go!

photos ?? come man, we eager to see VISUAL progress.. we should get a sympathetic moderator who will delete every single post Mayhem makes, unless it's a DECENT photo..

who's with me? :P