The transformation

Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

those are sick patches. That green ano is really good looking :thumbup:

Good looking... and it has super powers!

Traditionally green Hope components mean you have to be one of their team riders. But these limited editions were brought out to make us mere mortals feel a little more super-human.

But yeah, sadly the green doesn't go with my bike... but I'd still get it for the super-powers!

What do you think of these

http://nmdesign.co.uk/HOPE-HOOPS-YETI575-020260.jpg

:drool:

SO are the 5's. Especially seeing as the only difference is the tool-free reach adjust!

you sure bout that? granted, i'm thinking of the difference between Codes and Code Rs. There is a internals quality difference, excluding the obvious omission of the Contact point adjustment on the Code Rs.

you sure bout that? granted, i'm thinking of the difference between Codes and Code Rs. There is a internals quality difference, excluding the obvious omission of the Contact point adjustment on the Code Rs.

Yeah, but hte CODE R's were introduced as an enrty-level addition to CODE's awesomeness, weren't they?

Avid's ELIXIRs were the same through and through, apart from the C & R facilities, I'm sure. Internals were the same, if not maybe slightly different ito weight.

Same reservoir, same pistons etc...

holycow. i'd take some of that action patches!! :thumbup:

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason why none of you gents ride XT brakes for DH? I know they are not as spiffy looking as the other brands, but hell, the new 2012 version can stop a tank.

holycow. i'd take some of that action patches!! :thumbup:

+1

hahaha! yeah, whatever with the new XT/XTRs... Hope brakes are pure awesomeness!

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason why none of you gents ride XT brakes for DH? I know they are not as spiffy looking as the other brands, but hell, the new 2012 version can stop a tank.

For me, I've just seen the XT's come apart when someone hit the dirt. Totally fkd. Needed a new lever assembly in its entirety.

Also, the pivot point on the lever ius closer into the bars on the other brakes, which allows you to brake more easily throughout the stroke. Also keeps them out the way!

Number 1 reason - dot 5.1 as opposed to dot 4. Synthetic vs Mineral oil.

Plus, I couldn't afford the 2012's :(

Hi Mayhem, it really is looking great! Vasbyt with the project.

Shot mate! It's coming along really quickly now...

For me, I've just seen the XT's come apart when someone hit the dirt. Totally fkd. Needed a new lever assembly in its entirety.

Also, the pivot point on the lever ius closer into the bars on the other brakes, which allows you to brake more easily throughout the stroke. Also keeps them out the way!

Number 1 reason - dot 5.1 as opposed to dot 4. Synthetic vs Mineral oil.

Plus, I couldn't afford the 2012's :(

Fair enough. I guess that's why they've got Saints, Codes, Formula the one etc. which are more specific to DH. But hell, for XC to AM use, these XT's are really the sh*t. And over the past 10 years I've had everything from XT, Juicy's, Hayes, XX etc etc and the XT's are still the brakes with the best feel/modulation.

Guest Omega Man

no codes.. - :( could not wait for CRC shipping, so got some elixir R's - :) and they should be here later. :)

I thought what the heck, anything is better than the crap I got now and as it happens, the R's are pretty good. :)

Elixirs are the business. I've got elixir 5's and the fancy codes and the codes are in the garage. Elixirs feel great. Did you get them from CWCYCLES?

Guest Omega Man

Good looking... and it has super powers!

Traditionally green Hope components mean you have to be one of their team riders. But these limited editions were brought out to make us mere mortals feel a little more super-human.

But yeah, sadly the green doesn't go with my bike... but I'd still get it for the super-powers!

What do you think of these

http://nmdesign.co.uk/HOPE-HOOPS-YETI575-020260.jpg

:drool:

OOH mama. those are hawt. Those with a braided hose and corresponding 4 pots. Oh Oh. Plus of course the ventilated rotors. Hubba Hubba.

Guest Omega Man

The old Code R's had a Juicy 3 lever and a code caliper.

The Elixir 5's have the same lever (apart from the lever reach goodie) and caliper as the Elixir R.

i'm an Avid Avid Fan..